Men's Clothing Forums banner
201 - 220 of 224 Posts

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
I not sure that I know what I am looking at, but the Siracha sauce has peaked my interest and I find myself compelled to ask...what's in the bowl my friend? ;)
My guess is some kind of Thai curry because of the peanuts, the Siracha and the basil.

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Good question. The dish has its origins in the earliest days of the American occupation after WWII. The country was bitingly poor and living mostly off American aid. Meat was in especially short supply and American hot dogs and SPAM were the most plentiful. So the Koreans, highly inventive folk that they are, adapted. Even now, with beef, chicken, pork and fish in good supply, they still love their Military stew. It must be good stuff.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,697 Posts
Having considered the the above photo for perhaps 10 minutes, I'm still not sure what I am looking at, thouge it does somewhat resemble a sausage stuffing mix I pulled out of my butt/collection of recipes and served to the family a couple of weeks back. I liked it, but I was the only one sitting at the table that did...a lot of leftovers from that one, for sure! LOL. ;)

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Having considered the the above photo for perhaps 10 minutes, I'm still not sure what I am looking at, thouge it does somewhat resemble a sausage stuffing mix I pulled out of my butt/collection of recipes and served to the family a couple of weeks back. I liked it, but I was the only one sitting at the table that did...a lot of leftovers from that one, for sure! LOL. ;)
It's some sort of one-pot with all the levels of the food pyramid thrown together.

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
I ate pickled pig's feet exactly once. BBQ's chicken feet are a whole lot better. They go good in grandma's soup, too.

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
It's a traditional dim sum. So are BBQ'd duck feet and they're equally good. When you have a country with a HUGE population and a less-than-optimal food supply, you learn to make sure nothing goes to waste.

201 - 220 of 224 Posts