Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest squeeze is a little lady from Trinidad. She's not black , more a beautiful, transluscent coffee cum rosee. I hate the term "politically black" for its sheer ugliness, and am seeking a term adequate to the lady.
I thought maybe "blaque" would have the necessary "je ne sais quois" and I must say it really flowed off my Mont balnc pen. My friends also seem to like it. What do you guys think?
I'm very pale (Irish) She calls me her "blanchet" or also her "snowman". Of course I just melt, especially when we're in Tobago......

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
What the hell are you talking about?

·
Registered
679 Posts
The OP (and his post) offends me on so many levels I'd have enough to build a decent sized office building.

If that was your intent, then you surely have succeeded.

BTW, calling your lady friend your "squeeze" died out in polite society somewhere between the Jurassic and Cro-Magnum eras.

--Chase

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The OP (and his post) offends me on so many levels I'd have enough to build a decent sized office building.

BTW, calling your lady friend your "squeeze" died out in polite society somewhere between the Jurassic and Cro-Magnum eras.

--Chase
I personally have to agree with Chase on this one.

Why does she have to be anything? Can't she just be your girlfriend and leave color out of it? If someone says something, just tell them you don't notice.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
She could be your little pint of Guinness. Dark, tasty, intoxicating.

You do like Guinness, don't you?

Unlike some others I see no need to pretend to be color blind and, apparently, neither does your girl. Pure politically correct claptrap.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
It's offensive like Ted Dansing showing up with Woopi Goldberg in blackface.
Affectations based on race are a red flag that it IS an issue, or will be.
Some of my people left the six counties because of this gerrymandering of humanity. My great grandmother, daughter of a fenian named in old history books made me learn gaelic. She also said if I ever used it to slight non speakers the Puka would have dealings with me.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Anyone want to explain to me why this is offensive?
If the poster is asking, "are there any more tactful terms than 'political black' to describe my girlfriend's race and/or skin colour?" then it's only offensive in the sense that it seems strange he would ever have a reason to describe her race and/or skin colour. If she's with him, people can see what colour her skin is. If she's not with him, it's a peculiar topic of conversation.

If the poster is asking, "are there any more interesting terms to describe a young lady whose attention I am seeking solely because of her unusual race and/or skin colour?" then that's offensive because he's not only making the lady's race a topic of conversation, but indicating that his interest in her is not motivated by her beauty, intelligence, charm, or any other facet of her personality.

To answer the original poster's question, in the US the term "Black" is commonly used in official government publications. "Colored" and "*****" are terms that remain in usage in the names of organizations that existed prior to the Civil Rights Acts of the 1960s and the subsequent desegregation of the south. They are generally only considered inoffensive in the context of a source more than fifty years old or spoken by a sympathetic lady over the age of 75.

We often use the term "African-American," which is a paradox - it describes people whose anscestors had no choice in leaving Africa and becoming Americans, but it is frowned on as too general by people who consciously left Africa to come to America (including those who are not "black" by any definition), and is bothersome to people who are racially "black" but identify themselves as coming from the Caribbean, not Africa.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts

--Chase
+1. Chase: You have said it best. I will not try to improve on perfection!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I wonder if Hitler referred to Eva Braun as his squeeze? (Bingo, I get the award!):icon_smile_big:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.