Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some advice for the type of sports jacket to wear in a warm climate like miami florida what does anyone think of a silk herribone jacket or a silk noil jacket
if these types of jackets are not a good idea what are better alternatives for $200 or less

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
A silk sport coat will be very hot. A silk/wool blend would be better in my opinion; however, my summer and warm weather jackets are all 100 percent wool, but in a light weight. I think that folks tend to like the sheen that silk provides which seems to look good in warm weather, but I prefer the way light weight wool breathes.

I don't generally care for cotton or linen jackets but they are viable choices if you don't mind some wrinkles.

Cruiser

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Your budgetary figure of $200 or less ....

restricts your choices to something like JAB Executive, unless you run into a good sale. I have lived in the Palm Beach area through many a summer, and I did not find that silk or a silk/wool blend wore especially hot. I always preffered it to linen because of the wrinkle-prone characteristics of linen. If you like seersucker, by all means wear it. I have always found seersucker to b e a very inelegant choice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i need some advice for the type of sports jacket to wear in a warm climate like miami florida what does anyone think of a silk herribone jacket or a silk noil jacket
if these types of jackets are not a good idea what are better alternatives for $200 or less
A pure silk jacket will wrinkle too much. Try a silk / wool combination, or a pure wool in a 7oz to 8oz fabric weight. Wool is an extremely breathable and versatile fabric, so long as you know the weight of the wool and purchase the right weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.