Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be interesting to see if, and what sports you guys may play (amateur/pro).

I play in an over-30 NYC (CSL) Soccer league for the club I grew up playing for (Silver Lake SC). 1 Goal and 4 Assists so far this season (5 games played-missed 4). Our second half kicks off after a winter break sometime in mid March. I play outside right midfield (or left)

I also play ice-hockey but haven't had a game since the baby came along. Not a bad player either, for a 31 year old. I usually center, but prefer left wing, not as much defensive responsibility and/or back checking. Played roller hockey as a kid as my folks couldn't shell out the dough for ice.

I do run and work out nearly every day. Minimum of 5.5 miles, may run the DC marathon March 21, would be my first official.

How bout you guys?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I can barely drive 5.5 miles. I grew up playing football and, oddly enough, ice hockey. Yes we play ice hockey in Mississippi. Not as much now as 10 or so years ago, but we do play the game. I played center, and played for a competitive traveling team that played across the south each weekend. So I spent most of my early teen years traveling with hockey. I played football for awhile as well, but discovered golf, but more importantly women, once I turned 15. Golf was easier then football and hockey and required less time. I'm still a fairly good player. I play about 2 or 3 times a month and shoot anywhere from 74 to 84 each time.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Does Madden count as a sport?

I used to play baseball and run cross country, but now I do neither. I do like to run in warmer weather. Good luck on the marathon - I don't think I'll ever partake though.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sail. I guess that's a sport. Last year I kept my boat in the Hudson river and sailed a good deal in New York Harbor, near the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Thats so cool! I always run on a path by the water, in Sunset Park/Bay Ridge thats right by the harbor....always admire the great sailboats that come in spring/summer!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Racquetball, softball, rollerblading.

In the last few years, the injuries I've sustained in these sports have included, respectively, a fractured great toe, a torn rotator cuff, and a Stener lesion.

And yet, somehow, my wife isn't insisting that I give any of them up. She would prefer that I not dive into any more bases, though.

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
At age 60 my sports are limited to Wii games, but I played baseball and basketball in my younger days. I tried my best to play football in high school but I was just too small, and I went to a high school that was a State power which made it that much more difficult. I played softball until I was 40, but even that became more than I could handle at that point.

Is nine ball considered to be a sport. :icon_smile_big:

Cruiser

·
Registered
127 Posts
Although I've played everything from hockey to wrestling, I've pretty much consolidated into soccer, golf, and basketball. Soccer and basketball mainly for the workout, and golf because it's a great sport. Almost everyone I know has played golf at some point in their lives.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I'm a runner. I used to play golf and squash however it's been a while.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Like most Preppies - golf, badly. Tennis, badly.

I do jog a little - usually about two miles a day just to balance out the sedentary nature of an accounting job. But I've done the Peachtree Road Race (10K) the last couple years, with embarrassing times.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I can barely drive 5.5 miles. I grew up playing football and, oddly enough, ice hockey. Yes we play ice hockey in Mississippi. Not as much now as 10 or so years ago, but we do play the game. I played center, and played for a competitive traveling team that played across the south each weekend. So I spent most of my early teen years traveling with hockey. I played football for awhile as well, but discovered golf, but more importantly women, once I turned 15. Golf was easier then football and hockey and required less time. I'm still a fairly good player. I play about 2 or 3 times a month and shoot anywhere from 74 to 84 each time.
Probably not a lot of outdoor pond hockey in Mississippi! (Its actuallly great fun even though I can't skate to save my life).

As to my sports, I used to do a lot of bike riding in the summer until I almost killed myself a couple of years ago going off of my bicycle at about 35 mph (hint: helmets do work). I am trying to get back into it but mostly only slower dirt roads and trails now. I also snow-shoe in the winter (just had about 7-10 inches should be a fun weekend) and hike in the summer pretty much every weekend.

·
Connoisseur - Moderator
9,709 Posts
I used to love playing basketball, but at age 52, I walk and do resistance exercise. Maybe if I get some more of my weight off, I might try some basketball again, but I don't want to injure myself.

·
Honors Member, <br>Varsity Captain
3,590 Posts
I play hockey one night a week in the fall and winter and play in a lacrosse summer league. I have also been playing goalie this year in an outdoor broomball league. I've blocked more than 50 shots on goal and only allowed 3 goals in the 3 games we have played, but we're still 0-3. One of those goals came off the foot of my teammate.
Edit: I don't play goalie in hockey or lacrosse. I play defense in both sports. I was picked to be goalie in the broomball league because I had hockey shin guards and a face mask.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I hit the gym about five times a week (cardio, yoga, some weights), some running (used to run a lot...want to get back into it), tennis in the summer and golf.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.