Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the Grove Park Hotel and Resort Arts and Crafts show this weekend in Asheville NC and saw a gentleman wearing a great 3/2 olive corduroy sport coat with patch and flap pockets etc. I have looked for one like it on several websites and the only one I find is on the Cable Car Clothiers site and to quote my old friend Joe Bob, "they're awfully proud of the ones that they have for sale". I think the price is $795 for a sport coat. Does anyone know of less expensive alternatives to the CCC option?
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Tom

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I picked up a wonderful BB cord sack jacket for $80 on eBay last year. That's the brand that just always seems to fit me best, so I look for it.

Trick on ebay is, you have to be patient. Setting up a defined search with email alerts helps do the work for you.

$800 is a pretty hefty sum for a sport jacket....

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just picked up the J.Press one -- it's at the tailor's now. It's a very nice jacket.
I really wanted one of these in olive, but the fit just wasn't right for me. I tried going up an even size (42 to 44) to get enough width in the shoulders. That worked, but I guess the low armholes caused too much binding in a couple of places. The fabric and color depth were very appealing, so I hated to walk away from it (plus it was 50% off at the time). Congrats to you, they look like a very well made coats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.