Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This cloth is a little too extroverted for my preference, but get a look at the pattern matching!

Heavy weight Loden cloth overcoat -

Single breasted in herringbone cashmere -

Very nice tweed -

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
First jacket is a little "Herb Tarlek" for me - I think some people could pull it off (maybe someone smaller, so the pattern doesn't present so "bigly"?).

Loden overcoat is a no-brainer; very nice.

The last jacket I really like. I'm less partial to the tie in its specifics, but the color is lovely (and works with the jacket).

DH

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True art. Delightful, thanks for putting these up.
You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed them.

The last jacket I really like. I'm less partial to the tie in its specifics, but the color is lovely (and works with the jacket).

DH
They have a fondness for some neckwear pairings that I find rather odd. A little off. Shiny silk satin ties and tweeds aren't something I'd enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It does help if you live where it gets cold enough to justify an overcoat. Not in the PNW, at least not this year.:(
Eat your heart out! :icon_jokercolor:

"Overnight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
Monday
Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 28. Northwest wind 9 to 17 mph.
Monday Night
Increasing clouds, with a low around 15. Light and variable wind.
Tuesday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tuesday Night
A chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Wednesday
Snow before 2pm, then rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain between 2pm and 3pm, then rain after 3pm. High near 34. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible."

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Flanders, What's that on his neck?
Looks like a scarf, AKA, muffler. It's tied in a less common form. Known by various terms, it's depicted below and there described as a reverse drape tuck. Being personally knot challenged, and essentially lazy, I prefer to simply drape one about my neck under my coat and fold one end over the other to fall down the front. I also like the way it looks.

·
Registered
Tie
19,960 Posts
Looks like a scarf, AKA, muffler. It's tied in a less common form. Known by various terms, it's depicted below and there described as a reverse drape tuck. Being personally knot challenged, and essentially lazy, I prefer to simply drape one about my neck under my coat and fold one end over the other to fall down the front. I also like the way it looks.

My favorite tie is the reverse drape and then I keep it in my coat to keep me warm from the cold.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The pattern matching is fantastic. I'm not sure that it will be my next piece but a bespoke overcoat is in the near future.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Some really nice coats.
Loden keeps the wind out. Some years ago a tree fell on the house. Never cared for wind after that.
The first coat could be a challenge to wear. It is a beauty.
The last one is so dark, but could easily be worn a lot of places.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.