Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone; I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on dress shirts. Im in Buffalo right now, and there arent alot of high end clothing stores around here, so I probably am gonna have to go online to do my shopping. Ill probably stick to Saks, so do you guys have any recommendations for dress shirts that they sell there (Zegna, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, RL, etc). Alot of the "slim fit" shirts dont fit me right; Im a 39 by the neck size (about a 15.5), but the "slim fit" shirts are like spandex on my upper arms and chest and look rediculous; these shirts must be designed for people who are built like sticks!! I do, however, have some dolce and gucci shirts that fit great, but I dont have much experience with other brands, so I dont know what Im missing out on. Any recommendations are GREATLY appreciated; I wanna get a few nice new shirts to update my closet a bit!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
re-reading my post I made it sound like I want a baggy shirt, which I do not! Its just that the shirts that usually say "slim fit" right on them are generally good in the neck and gut, but way to tight on the arms and chest. There has to be a happy middle ground out there :)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
More information about what types of styles you like would be helpful. For example, do you like a point collar or spread? French cuffs or barrel? Would you consider button down collars?

I have had fantastic luck with Turnbull and Asser, which fit me perfectly off the rack. They are a slim fitting shirt, but don't have the tight sleeves many of the fashion brands do. Your Saks probably doesn't have them, but you can order by phone or drop in to the store if you get to NYC much. Also, I find the slim fit shirts at Brooks Brothers to be decent, and best part is you can get the slim fit in a MTM that fits much better than plain OTR. You can also choose cuff style, collar, and fabric. Also, Black Fleece (button down collars) are amazing RTW shirts at Brooks, and they also fit trim, but not freakishly so. Also, seek out Purple Label by ralph Lauren. Black Label is a slimmer fit but I find the collars too small for business wear, and wear them as casual shirts only.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
BB to the rescue?

Don't overlook Brooks Brothers. Their shirts seem to have ample sleeves and shoulders, and you can always have the waists narrowed if needed. They have a "Create Your Shirt" option that lets you select from a range of materials and cuts.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/selectshirts/selectshirts.tem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.