Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for posting this here, instead of in the Manners/Etiquette thread, but all the traffic seems to be here and here only. If the mods want to move it later, thank you for indulging me.

Any advice appreciated, gents:

I am in the process of trying to join someone's firm (small fund--the manager plus his team of 2-3).

The manager is a middle-aged, old-school American gent from Chicago.
I always send the people in my life a Christmas card/small gift at this time of year.

Is giving this guy a small gift appropriate? Or does it some across as an undesirable quality? Or will it help me? :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I apologize for posting this here, instead of in the Manners/Etiquette thread, but all the traffic seems to be here and here only. If the mods want to move it later, thank you for indulging me.

Any advice appreciated, gents:

I am in the process of trying to join someone's firm (small fund--the manager plus his team of 2-3).

The manager is a middle-aged, old-school American gent from Chicago.
I always send the people in my life a Christmas card/small gift at this time of year.

Is giving this guy a small gift appropriate? Or does it some across as an undesirable quality? Or will it help me? :)
Send a card; do not send a gift.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I'll send a card alone. That makes sense!
In my message, i"ll include "I hope to join you soon!" hahahaha, in addition to all the merry x-mas all the best in 2018 stuff.

what on earth is a strippergram?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A fine line between gifts and hospitality versus corruption and bribery.
You again! I have just the reply for you: "My gift of choice, given the weather these days and with the CHristmas party season in full swing"....and yes, I have an exact one like that for myself!!
Outerwear Fur clothing Dress Fashion Animal product

In fact I wore it this evening...here it is now, resting after its evening outing:
Black Wood Grey Flooring Automotive tire

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Depending on the extent and nature of the OP's prior contacts with the proposed recipient and/or his firm, I'm not sure I would even send a Christmas card. I am inclined to advise, 'keep it strictly business at this point.'

Bah, humbug! LOL. ;)

·
Suspended
10,801 Posts
You again! I have just the reply for you: "My gift of choice, given the weather these days and with the CHristmas party season in full swing"....and yes, I have an exact one like that for myself!! View attachment 19233

In fact I wore it this evening...here it is now, resting after its evening outing: View attachment 19234
I can hear Yakety Sax as I write. :)

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Is that image by Ronald Searle?
On that very, very long lists of things I know nothing about, I can now cross off the name of Ronald Searle. Thank you for decreasing my ignorance!

But I'm still uncertain as to the answer to your question. There is also, evidently, an American gal who works in deliberate imitation of his style named Francesca Natale. And I think her work is also often whimsically delightful!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.