Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a pair of red wing GTs online and now I need some boot socks. I need something that will wick away moisture like a smartwool sock, but is not too thick (gets too hot indoors) or as thin as a dress sock I wear with dress shoes (would cause blisters in boots). Smartwool is confusing because there are so many types and I don't really have any experience with them.

Any suggestions for specific models of socks would be appreciated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Smartwool has a few models that might be appropriate. The Boot Sock, the Allrounder, and the City Slicker would all probably work for you and the Allrounder and City Slicker would probably be fine with shoes of any kind as well. Another option is the Orvis Invincible wool sock. The Orvis might be thicker than what you want, though (their original Invincible from Scotland was a great all purpose sock, but the current model from Vermont is thicker and seems to have too much stretch material in it - too tight for me, anyway).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.