Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not too fussy about my jeans, the fit should be ok and the way it feels. Nothing more. Jeans will adapt to your body. My personal choice is Diesel. I have 2 by Jack&Jones which is a crap clothing brand but those fit me just perfectly. I got them for 30 euros each so I had to take them. A year has passed and not a scratch.
Recently I have tried some Jacob Cohen at an Amsterdam store. Nice fit and probably great quality but way too expensive. Nudie Selvage seems interesting too. I like to hear more about these. What's the durability? I heard you can't wash them for like a year?
More information would be helpful. Jeans experts, feel free to reply.

:icon_study:

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I have one pair. I purchased them at the J Crew outlet several years ago and I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like Uniqlo and Giordano. I travel to Asia a lot and picked them up there. Both are made from premium Japanese double ring spun selvage denim, basically the same stuff as other high end premium makers. So the fabric is incredible. Best part is, they fit like a glove and they only cost $80 each (would have been cheaper if the exchange rate was better). Get compliments on them all the time and a lot of people mistake them for 7's or Ernest Sewn.

Though, because Uniqlo is a Japanese brand, the sewing is superior to the Giordano, which is a HK based company.

Oh, and i do own pairs of Diesel, 7's, Paper Denim and PRPS. I have to say PRPS is WAAAAAY over priced and over rated for what they are.

As for the not washing Nudie Jeans, that's just to keep the dark indigo colour. the more you wash the more they fade. Also, the more you wear jeans without washing, they tend to absorb your natural oils and sweat and start to form to your body better. This is the genius of the original 1947 levi 501 - still the best jean ever.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have a few pairs for working around the house - I don't remember what brand and don't really care (probably Calvins from the outlet from back when my wife worked for the company and got 45% off). They're work pants. They fit, they're cheap and they're fine for dripping paint on and going to the Home Depot.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I have three pairs of jeans and two of them are Armani (the other pair is for wearing around the house but not worn for over a year). For AJ, I only go to the store on Bond Street though - get the length pinned up, pay for the jeans and collect within a week. I liked the jeans and they fit me well; however, will never buy anything Armani again.

The Wensum jeans (Geives & Hawkes, Hackett and Aquascutum) are really good and well worth their RRP. The only problem is the lack of design, G&H only have one jeans design per season, while the others have limited shade options.

Never really been a jeans-person so my experience is very limited and probably never buy another pair.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Levi's 527 (low bootcut)

To flatline: How do you fit into 514's? I need like a 31x34 typically, but I tried on some 32x34s and they were super tight in the thighs (and I don't think I have big thighs and I don't have a butt).

·
Registered
647 Posts
Levi's 527 (low bootcut)

To flatline: How do you fit into 514's? I need like a 31x34 typically, but I tried on some 32x34s and they were super tight in the thighs (and I don't think I have big thighs and I don't have a butt).
I also have a pair or two of 527's, although I mainly use those for working on the house, mowing the yard, etc. The 514's are quite tight when I first put them on (I machine wash&dry them), but fit better in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
My US-made Lucky jeans have the best overall fit and softest denim.

My Turkish-made Mavi jeans have just enough 'rock star' in them for weekend antics.

My Levi's 527 dark wash look best with a sportcoat when I have to dress up the jeans look.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I feel like Agnus Cundy, I do not know any of these brands:
Jacob Cohen, Giordano, 7's, Paper Denim , PRPS, 6p jeans, Mavi and Adriano Goldschmied.

I only know Jack & Jones because they had a store in my cousin's town in Denmark and J Crew from this forum.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
For the past few years, plain old standard fit Gap jeans have been just fine for me. They hold up well enough, though I think may try some other brands. Jeans are one of those things I don't like to worry about too much, though I give my wife credit for trying different styles and washes.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I have tons (Surprise!)

My Citizen for Humanity jeans are BY FAR the softest.

I have a few pair of Nudies for beat around and bad weather.

I have a pair of APC New Standards which I love.

I have a few pair of JCrew slim vintage fit, which are good for tee shirts as they are too low to tuck a shirt into. I also have a pair of JCrew Flannel Lined jeans, which have gotten a bit of use the last two weeks in NYC.

But my favorite, of which I have about 5 pair, are my Earnest Sewns (just picked up a new pair of them, with a lower rise and slimmer fit that are very nice). Two of them are very soft and have a rise high enough to wear with a shirt, tie and sport jacket, and two pair I'm considering getting rid of, as I simply have too many, and don't find myself wearing them all.

I also have a few pair of RLPolo jeans that are OK, a nice change from all the other washed I have.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I've tried on literally dozens and dozens of "high end" brands, and when working around the house, yard, etc., I simply wear a pair of inexpensive LL Bean straight legs. When going out casual, with a sport shirt, etc., like two of the above posts, I also find Levi 527's to be perfect and not ridiculously priced.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Lands End Traditional 5-pocket Jeans are/were my favorite.

I haven't bought any in 2-3 years, but before that I regularly kept two good pair in my closet. Better material and construction and much better fitting than the Wranglers I currently have.

I can't say for sure that they are still the same as the used to be, however.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.