Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Same as I wear every other winter day. Well before I step out the door the roads will have been plowed and the only difference from the day before will be that there's more snow on the road shoulder.

On the days when 30" has fallen overnight it's a bit different, since the road crew may not yet have come to my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I feel your pain. We got 5 plus inches north of the city. Bean boots, sweater, vest and Barbour was the proper attire this morning. After paying for 4 years of college, it was great to see my son using the snowblower at 7:00 this morning before he left for work. The coffee tasted better.

·
Super Moderator
488 Posts
This is what I normally wear in the winter (store photo) - almost daily. They get greased every year before the snow arrives.

Now running on their 19th season - still no need to break in the identical back-up pair I have...

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
And here I am hoping for a return of frigid weather and another snowstorm before Spring arrives.

I should have been born in Minnesota.

Wait, I must be getting daffy. I’m tied to NYC by my umbilical cord. Even says so on my Birth Certificate.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I feel your pain. We got 5 plus inches north of the city. Bean boots, sweater, vest and Barbour was the proper attire this morning. After paying for 4 years of college, it was great to see my son using the snowblower at 7:00 this morning before he left for work. The coffee tasted better.
"Yes" to the Bean boots. Mine are nearing the 20 year mark and are well past time for refinishing (waiting for the Spring). But with a nod to fashion I think Ralph Lauren has done well with the boots being supplied to the Americans in the Winter Olympics. AE was contracted to make them, and they're very much a homage to the prototypical American red-laced work boot.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
I would be wearing traveling clothes and planning my escape. There is no way that I could live in a place that routinely receives snow. Even once or twice every 3 years is too much for me. It got up to 73 degrees today and it was still too cold for me. I friggin' hate winter.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would be wearing traveling clothes and planning my escape. There is no way that I could live in a place that routinely receives snow. Even once or twice every 3 years is too much for me. It got up to 73 degrees today and it was still too cold for me. I friggin' hate winter.
And I wilt at 25C (77F). A great many on this forum prefer lower temperatures on sartorial grounds alone. Momsdoc sets a great example.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.