Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching CNN on the tele next to my desk. They just reported a young woman in America that sold her "eggs" to an infertile couple and used the money to pay her student loan.

I'm so happy to come from a country where education, from pre primary to doctorate, is free for everyone. No one need sell parts of their body or live enslaved in debt to go to school.

noble

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
noble, You really should see a doctor for that spasm in your left knee.
@ 54,000 of my peers died in a still controversial war to stop 'the domino effect' of communism.
The one domino did fall, but not a few remained standing when an equally exausted foe realised Pax Americana wasn't through yet.
You happen to be living in one of those immediate dominos.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Regarding the above from Kav:

Nice. So call him a Commie for wanting to extend public school through to post grad.

As for the controversial war, it's only controversial to the likes of you. To others, most, it was a complete bust. And unless you fought there (did you?) those 54,000 dead were not really your peers.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't write this to cause discord.

I simply find it sad and feel for this woman.

Kav, my country was fighting there long before yours so I need no lessons but you really should study your history more closely.

I am also a wounded war veteran so I, more than any other, have the right to speak of war.

PedanticTurkey, my monthly supermarket bill is more than 10,000 U.S.dollars. I have two growing boys and a house full of servants to feed. In all truthfulness, 10,000 dollars does not represent even one day's income for me. I do, however, feel for those less fortunate than I.

May I not simply express my sadness for those in difficulty without being attacked?

noble

·
Registered
561 Posts
I am also a wounded war veteran so I, more than any other, have the right to speak of war.

PedanticTurkey, my monthly supermarket bill is more than 10,000 U.S.dollars. I have two growing boys and a house full of servants to feed. In all truthfulness, 10,000 dollars does not represent even one day's income for me. I do, however, feel for those less fortunate than I.
noble
Brave, wise and modest as well.
There is obviously no social unrest where you live, all that footage from the airport and streets recently was clearly staged with funds from western bankers and Oliver Stones' cooperation.

I think you are a troll.

F.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brave, wise and modest as well.
There is obviously no social unrest where you live, all that footage from the airport and streets recently was clearly staged with funds from western bankers and Oliver Stones' cooperation.

I think you are a troll.

F.
No, YOU don't think.

If you were capable of thought you would not resort to immature name calling.

Not everyone in life is a loser and not everyone on this forum is someone with nothing else to do.
You obviously are one of those that believes everyone on a forum has failed in life. What do the other members here think of that?

You also can not read and understand what you have read which is sad.

I spoke of the situation of one young woman and nothing more.

Keep your silly troll insults to yourself...you really are pathetic and sad.

And what on earth does your remark have to do with me, the airports here....imbecile, I'm french.

What a lame idiot you are.

noble

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I'm watching CNN on the tele next to my desk. They just reported a young woman in America that sold her "eggs" to an infertile couple and used the money to pay her student loan.

I'm so happy to come from a country where education, from pre primary to doctorate, is free for everyone. No one need sell parts of their body or live enslaved in debt to go to school.

noble
She sold her bloody eggs for goodness sake! She didn't sell a kidney or her first born.

You have very little understanding of how this country works or what it is about. I realize you live far away and I won't inquire as to your country of origin, however I'm willing to bet that your livelihood, even living far away from this country, depends on what happens here.

She may have sold her eggs to pay for tuition but throughout the last century there were people who gave up their lives just for entry into this country. Enjoy the chicken on a stick!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't eat anything on a stick.

She sold her bloody eggs for goodness sake! She didn't sell a kidney or her first born.

You have very little understanding of how this country works or what it is about. I realize you live far away and I won't inquire as to your country of origin, however I'm willing to bet that your livelihood, even living far away from this country, depends on what happens here.

She may have sold her eggs to pay for tuition but throughout the last century there were people who gave up their lives just for entry into this country. Enjoy the chicken on a stick!
Who told you all this nonsense? How many countries have you lived in to know?

If the answer is none then you are a fool for only fools believe what they are told without first seeing for themselves.

I'm willing to bet that our lady members will confirm that to sale ones' "eggs" is a sad and humiliating experience for a woman and this to pay for something that is free in much less developed countries.

Before some other cretin responds, I have lived, worked or studied all over the world INCLUDING the United States so who is more qualified to know, you or I?

Its just stronger than you, isn't it? One either agrees with you or you attack because you don't want to be confronted with your own doubts?

As Descartes said: "one must doubt to believe".

noble

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'm so happy to come from a country where education, from pre primary to doctorate, is free for everyone. No one need sell parts of their body or live enslaved in debt to go to school.noble
Are you out of touch with what is going on in your country of origin?

It seems that you have more reasons to be sad than you know: Many students in France are selling their bodies to go to school.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jan/21/internationaleducationnews.france

Would you say this is more sad or less sad that the incident you cite in America?

Maybe you should temper your prideful posts just a bit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whatever....

Are you out of touch with what is going on in your country of origin?

It seems that you have more reasons to be sad than you know: Many students in France are selling their bodies to go to school.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jan/21/internationaleducationnews.france

Would you say this is more sad or less sad that the incident you cite in America?

Maybe you should temper your prideful posts just a bit.
Please read before you post links to articles and stop the name calling......trying to defend your position by attacking what you perceive as a weakness in your partner is, in psychiatry, called name calling.

This "article" is just that: an article. It is not news and presents no evidence to support its' claims. I own a bridge in Brooklyn...would you like to buy it.

You qualify my posts as "prideful" yet you support your accusation with..lets see...nothing. Just more name calling.

No one is talking about this young woman...why is that. You seem to have learned so much from Bush: no need for proof or thought, just use meaningless rhetoric and attack if you think it is in your interest to do so.

That's OK because I have more than I or my children or great, great grand children will ever need. I care about you and if ever you are sick or in danger and can't pay the hospital to save your life...hope that I or someone like me is near. We will not abandon you even though you hate us.

And please find more valid references than the Guardian. The Guardian...please:)

noble

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
...PedanticTurkey, my monthly supermarket bill is more than 10,000 U.S.dollars. I have two growing boys and a house full of servants to feed...noble
Wow. I guess I really shouldn't complain when the wife returns from the grocery store with a $500, plus tab!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

noble
Noble seems to have confounded two entirely separate and independent issues here. That women sell their eggs to infertile couples and that education in the United States can be outrageously expensive. Neither of these issues is simple on its own.

Women sell eggs for various reasons...to pay bills, purchase groceries, pure altruism. In fact women are doing this throughout Europe, Australia, and North and South America; I am personally unfamiliar with human egg donation in Africa and Asia, but it perhaps is an on-going endeavour. The procedure is not entirely benign and entails risks to the donor and, wherever she lives...the U.S., France, Argentina...she must determine for herself whether those risks are worth the reward.

That said, eucation can be enormously dear in the United States, although it need not be costly, depending upon the choices one makes. People assume enormous debts to complete their educations here. When I married my wife, I married her student loans for her medical education at one of our better known private institutions. How much ? Oy, don't ask! However, had she attended the state university medical school, she would have completed her education debt free but probably not have been admitted to the exceptional residency programn where she trained in her specialty.

CNN is in the business of artificially manipulating one's emotions, especially in this holiday season. While I generally do not get my news from television and did not see the subject report, it sounds typical of seasonal efforts one would expect from a broadcast news station.

Buzz

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Buzz.

Noble seems to have confounded two entirely separate and independent issues here. That women sell their eggs to infertile couples and that education in the United States can be outrageously expensive. Neither of these issues is simple on its own.

Women sell eggs for various reasons...to pay bills, purchase groceries, pure altruism. In fact women are doing this throughout Europe, Australia, and North and South America; I am personally unfamiliar with human egg donation in Africa and Asia, but it perhaps is an on-going endeavour. The procedure is not entirely benign and entails risks to the donor and, wherever she lives...the U.S., France, Argentina...she must determine for herself whether those risks are worth the reward.

That said, eucation can be enormously dear in the United States, although it need not be costly, depending upon the choices one makes. People assume enormous debts to complete their educations here. When I married my wife, I married her student loans for her medical education at one of our better known private institutions. How much ? Oy, don't ask! However, had she attended the state university medical school, she would have completed her education debt free but probably not have been admitted to the exceptional residency programn where she trained in her specialty.

CNN is in the business of artificially manipulating one's emotions, especially in this holiday season. While I generally do not get my news from television and did not see the subject report, it sounds typical of seasonal efforts one would expect from a broadcast news station.

Buzz
Rather than attacking those with different opinions it is so much wiser to give a detailed and rational explanation of ones' position. I don't know everything so am more than willing to listen to others so as to learn. If, after learning, I see I am wrong I will change my position.

This is the way people and societies grow, mature and become better. No need to insult, attack or revert to name calling.

I have a dream...well, we all do. Better to share in each other's dreams than to hurt one another.

noble

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Me too.

I'm glad I don't live in a country where some vacation packages for forigen visitors center around under age girls.
I've never seen that over here. If it really exists then it is well hidden. But then again I don't spend my time with tourists or go to places tourists would go so I am not the most qualified to speak of these things.

noble

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Please read before you post links to articles and stop the name calling......trying to defend your position by attacking what you perceive as a weakness in your partner is, in psychiatry, called name calling.

You qualify my posts as "prideful" yet you support your accusation with..lets see...nothing. Just more name calling.

noble
I called you no names. I simply addressed your boastful comparison of the US and France.

You are the one making completely unfounded statements and suppositions about me. In no way did I attack you, however you attack me. Doctor, heal thyself! I guess your feelings are easily hurt when you read such about your own country. If you are going to bash mine in comparison, you must expect to see the veil on yours pulled back, also.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I called you no names. I simply addressed your boastful comparison of the US and France.

You are the one making completely unfounded statements and suppositions about me. In no way did I attack you, however you attack me. Doctor, heal thyself! I guess your feelings are easily hurt when you read such about your own country. If you are going to bash mine in comparison, you must expect to see the veil on yours pulled back, also.
now thats feeding the troll - LOL

R - just kidding you - no harm meant

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.