Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5,152 Posts
Third party candidates probably received more coverage POST election than during the last 2 years combined.
Scream Dean did his work well.
Nader was looking to make his best showing in Missouri, where a predicted 3% might have influenced the outcome if it had been closer between McCain and Obama.
The third parties as a whole succeeded in what they always have; reminding the twins to address issues important to potential suitors, even if the corporate and media godparents keeep saying they're the prettiest girls on the block while stuffing bon bons down their mouths.

· Registered
631 Posts
Nader clocked in with a solid .054 percent of the vote. It no longer seems worth the effort.

· Registered
2,865 Posts
I assume you mean .5%, not .05...
According to the figures on Wikipedia (official motto: "We think it's right. Kinda.):

Obama (D): 64,156,254 52.56%
McCain (R): 56,743,212 46.49%
Barr (L): 488,470 .400%
Nader (I): 405,093 .332%
Baldwin (Constitution): 170,560 .140%
McKinney (Green): 90,458 .074%

So not even Cynthia McKinney, poster child for 9/11 conspiracy theories (and described as "bat **** crazy" by John Stewart), did as poorly as .054%. But she was darn close.

· Registered
5,152 Posts
You're absolutely right! I SHOULD have bowed to the threats of revenge by Dick Gephardt of revenge. I should have ignored Arrogantia Huffington's proposal for legislation against third parties.And Jimmy Ca'tas admonition for Ralph Nader to "leave politics to the professionals" left me ashamed I voted against that highwater mark of the american presidency.
So WHAT if Al Gore's Occidental oil money association with the forgotten Uw'a tribe's fight, the unsolved murder of my friend, activist Terry Freitas and two other americans left environmental activists with our 'ethics in the balance?'
I've read each vote cost $8 this year. Why, Big Al could have bought me for $5. Of course, I'd have lied like a Jimmy Ca'ta pro, take the money and still voted Green.
And I voted Nader in 2004 because the Democrats still didn't get it, and still haven't.
I hope Obama will give us one of our great presidencies.
He's a bright kid, has already moved this country beyond some rather stupid deckchairs we insist on restacking instead of scanning the horizon for icebergs.
He's still a republicrat with an open door to lobbyists and a closed door to citizen activists like Nader.
Ask me in 2012 who I'm supporting.Ask our leaders to hold open debates not dictated by a private entities.

· Registered
631 Posts

· Registered
1,922 Posts
Kav, I can't believe you're not offended by Nader's patently offensive remarks from yesterday, where he asked whether Obama was going to be "uncle sam to the people, or uncle tom to the corporations."

That's got to be at least a hundred times more offensive than my calling him a "pathetic bastard." So what's up?

· Registered
631 Posts
You're absolutely right! I SHOULD have bowed to the threats of revenge by Dick Gephardt of revenge. I should have ignored Arrogantia Huffington's proposal for legislation against third parties.And Jimmy Ca'tas admonition for Ralph Nader to "leave politics to the professionals" left me ashamed I voted against that highwater mark of the american presidency.
So WHAT if Al Gore's Occidental oil money association with the forgotten Uw'a tribe's fight, the unsolved murder of my friend, activist Terry Freitas and two other americans left environmental activists with our 'ethics in the balance?'
I've read each vote cost $8 this year. Why, Big Al could have bought me for $5. Of course, I'd have lied like a Jimmy Ca'ta pro, take the money and still voted Green.
And I voted Nader in 2004 because the Democrats still didn't get it, and still haven't.
I hope Obama will give us one of our great presidencies.
He's a bright kid, has already moved this country beyond some rather stupid deckchairs we insist on restacking instead of scanning the horizon for icebergs.
He's still a republicrat with an open door to lobbyists and a closed door to citizen activists like Nader.
Ask me in 2012 who I'm supporting.Ask our leaders to hold open debates not dictated by a private entities.
You should vote for whom you like, Kav. I wrote in Eugene Debs and Dorothy Day. It's just that Ralph's quadrennial run is moving into crankland, and does him little good. He obviously can't get the financial backing for a serious campaign, so he may as well concentrate on his other, more worthwhile activities.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not so sure that Nader will be up to another run for the presidency, physically. He will be almost 79 when the next president takes office, and he didn't look too good when I saw him interviewed recently.

Ron Paul will only be 77, however.

The best news is that Cynthia McKinney will only be 57!

· Registered
1,922 Posts
He didn't just make a crude remark, he is downright unapologetic about it.

I'm just trying to reconcile your apathy here with the considerable concern you've expressed with regard to similar comments that some consider racially or ethnically offensive.

· Registered
5,152 Posts
You assume apathy on my part solely on my response, or lack of on this forum.
I have already voiced my feelings within the disenfranchised
community of Nader supporters.
The american media, the corporate dominated two party system excluded third parties from the game.
Now we are supposed to be chastised for unsportsmanlike conduct after it's over?
I am supposed to respond in dialog when muted when it mattered?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.