Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Thanks for the link. Yet another option for slippers! (The profit margin on these things must be enormous, since everyone is making them it seems!)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Don't know if you've compared the prices: (by the way I've left out Del Toro as they seem not to be offering any embroidery at this time).

For a pair of black monogrammed slippers:

Bowhill & Elliott £300
Shipton & Heneage £295
Broadland Slippers £175
Churchs (cant find this option)

A pair of black slippers with crown (as an example) embroidered

Bowhill & Elliott £150
Shipton & Heneage £149
Churchs (via Herring shoes) £ 95 (thread embroidery from what I can make out)
Broadland Slippers £ 95 (wire embroidery from what I can make out)

I haven't included shipping in the calculation above, but at least from the images there appears to be no difference in quality (other than the thread/wire difference). I have personal experience of Del Toro's and Broadland's products and the latter are more comfortable by a mile. Plus Broadland appear to offer more colour variations in both the slippers and the linings.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Don't know if you've compared the prices: (by the way I've left out Del Toro as they seem not to be offering any embroidery at this time).

Bowhill & Elliott £300
Shipton & Heneage £295
At those prices, one should go bespoke if they can. James Taylor & sons charge £300 for plain slippers and £375 to have a monogram or crest.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

Bowhill & Elliott £300
Shipton & Heneage £295
Broadland Slippers £175
Churchs (cant find this option)

A pair of black slippers with crown (as an example) embroidered

Bowhill & Elliott £150
Shipton & Heneage £149
Churchs (via Herring shoes) £ 95 (thread embroidery from what I can make out)
Broadland Slippers £ 95 (wire embroidery from what I can make out)

I haven't included shipping in the calculation above, but at least from the images there appears to be no difference in quality (other than the thread/wire difference). I have personal experience of Del Toro's and Broadland's products and the latter are more comfortable by a mile. Plus Broadland appear to offer more colour variations in both the slippers and the linings.
Very informative list, thanks for posting it. Worth pointing out that of all those listed, only Herring seem to hold stock. The others quote delivery times from a 4 - 8 weeks. Of course, good things take time........:icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Very informative list, thanks for posting it. Worth pointing out that of all those listed, only Herring seem to hold stock. The others quote delivery times from a 4 - 8 weeks. Of course, good things take time........:icon_smile_big:
My Del Toros took six months! They had some unfortunate manufacturing issues. Don't know if they've sorted things out yet. They did give me a full refund and the slippers, which was pretty nice of them

·
Registered
964 Posts
At those prices, one should go bespoke if they can. James Taylor & sons charge £300 for plain slippers and £375 to have a monogram or crest.
Sorry Toryboy but those aren't their prices for bespoke. True bespoke slippers from Taylor, Fosters, Cleverley etc etc cost upwards of £1400 inclusive of VAT. At those prices Taylor will simply be supplying you with made to order slippers made on a standard last and they will be made by either Broadland or Bowhill and Elliott.

It should also be mentioned that Shipton and Heneage, Crockett and Jones (the most outrageous prices of them all!), New and Lingwood, Hackett and Fosters slippers are all made by Bowhill and Elliott anyway. The Cleverley RTW slippers are made by Broadland.

Chris.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Custom Monogram

Hi Ask Andy Member-
Del Toro is now offering custom embroidery. Our custom monogramed shoes are $250.00 USD. If you are interested please visit. or email [email protected] or call (888)-242-1112. We have worked out ALL production issues and orders will take NO longer than a month to be delivered.

All the best,
Del Toro Shoes

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Hi Ask Andy Member-
Del Toro is now offering custom embroidery. Our custom monogramed shoes are $250.00 USD. If you are interested please visit. or email [email protected] or call (888)-242-1112. We have worked out ALL production issues and orders will take NO longer than a month to be delivered.

All the best,
Del Toro Shoes
You know,you could have done this in your own thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.