Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Slimest JAB line is the Joseph .....

Joseph was slimmer when it was first introduced; they (JAB) have compromised the line because it did not sell as expected. they went from flat front, to one pleats, to two pleats. Their typical customer wants a full-cut suit; the Bank store I go to always has a plethora of overweight people trying on suits only with a tee shirt on. It's too bad, because the older Joseph suits were nice suits with a good material selection.

I wore a 42 when they first came out. When they went to one pleat, I took a 41. BB has gone the other way and gotten slimmer. I took a 42 in my first Regent, but thereafter I needed a 43.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know the hierarchy. The Signature Gold is a bit too expensive for me, and the regular Signature doesn't have anything without pleats. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've found that even when the jacket is slim fitting with them the flat front pants are not flattering in the fit at all. They are flat front but almost cut as if there were pleats on the pants. I don't wear the slim fit pants that are popular with the italian designers but these were a little too frumpy for me and even the sales guy noticed that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was recommended the Joseph line for a slim fit suit and I found that they really aren't that slim. The arm-holes are toted as high, but they're just as low and baggy as most suits. For the money the BB Fitzgerald is slimmer and when you get them on sale they are a deal. I've also never seen the Joseph line in anything but a fancy stripe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.