Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a slim fitting, single breasted, plain looking trench coat. I find most are cut for larger gentleman and am having a very difficult time finding one that works. I have spoken with several tailors and they tell me that taking in a trench coat is not cost effective and a very difficult alteration.

Banana Republic has a nice one this season but it is $450.00.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am in the market for a slim fitting, single breasted, plain looking trench coat. I find most are cut for larger gentleman and am having a very difficult time finding one that works. I have spoken with several tailors and they tell me that taking in a trench coat is not cost effective and a very difficult alteration.

Banana Republic has a nice one this season but it is $450.00.

Any suggestions?
I found their monogram version to be not worth $450, and not particularly slim cut (even in a size S)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Picked up one from APC at their summer sale in July for a song ($250)...its so slim, i can't wear a sport jacket underneath...would have had to go a size up for that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you remember what the name of that APC trench was? I was looking at purchasing the BR Monogram trench too but now it's only available in L and XL.

I'm living in NYC and a 36, does anyone know a store where I can get a slim-fitting tan trench coat to wear over a suit? The BR Monogram trench: $300 is my price range at the moment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would you say it's worth it at $280? That's the going price now provided I can track one down as the online store is out of them in my size (small). Does anyone know if Banana Republic stores will be able to ship to individuals, or do they only allow for in-store purchases. I know Hickey Freeman does that, but I'm not sure if BR does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.