Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a lot of discussion about slim fit shirts, most of them dealing with the body of the shirt. I recently saw a screen shot of the upcoming James Bond movie where Mr. Bond's shirt sleeves are very loosely fitted. Likewise for some members of the royal family. I am wondering what is your preference regarding the slimness of the sleeves and whether they can restrict the movement of your arms, assuming they are not skin tight, of course...

·
Registered
816 Posts
The only slim-fit OTR dress shirt (that I have found) that is slim enough for me is Hugo Boss. I only buy them on sale, at discount stores, or occasionally on ebay because the quality is not worth paying the full retail. Anyways, their arms are very slim. At first I thought it would cause some constraint in my movement, but it really hasn't. Granted I spend most of my work-day sitting at a desk and not doing a ton of movement. The arms are almost just as slim in my MTM dress shirts and I still do not have any problems.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I do have the impression that the sleeves ride up higher when I bend my arm compared to generously fitted sleeves of equally sized armholes. This is a problem when the cuffs end right on the base of the thumb with no excess length to cover the exposed wrist.

Are these two (sleeve width and riding up) related or something else is going on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.