Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I don't know if this has been discussed before - if it has please excuse me.

I am looking to buy a few half-sleeve shirts made of oxford cloth, preferably with no pocket (having a pocket is not a dealbreaker though). I defintely want a slim/tailored fit. I am not looking to spend much either ...

Does anyone make such a shirt? Can anyone help me fine one?

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
As temperatures rise up here in austin, I realized that I do not have enough half sleeve shirts. LE comes oh-so-close, but the shirts they have are pinpoint (maybe OK) and no-iron (strictly not ok):

Does anyone know where I can get regular (i.e. must-iron), oxford cloth half sleeve shirts in a BB-like slim fit? Is Mercer my only hope?

· Registered
1,113 Posts
I thought Black Fleece had something like this last year, but not at the price point you are looking for.

· Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
Believe it or not I just walked in the door with a couple of Lands End Tailored Fit half sleeve oxford cloth shirts. They began life as long sleeved shirts but my corner dry cleaner alterations lady just finished hemming them to half sleeve length.

I realize that this makes a $20 shirt a $30 shirt, but I get the sleeves at the exact length I want. And even with the additional cost to hem the sleeves, it's still a few dollars cheaper than buying their full cut half sleeve OCBD and having the body taken in, plus the armholes are smaller which is one reason I want the tailored fit to begin with.

Cruiser

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Isn't half sleeve the antithesis of trad?
Maybe so, but I like them because I wore them a lot during my younger days and they are a nice option if you are going to be working outside in hot weather. They are also good for casual wear. So, trad or not, I definitely want to have 3-4 shirts in my wardrobe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.