Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,446 Posts
The orthodox view is that they should be just long enough to cover your shirt cuffs, whatever the position of your arm, but no longer.

· Vendor
1,739 Posts
The sleeves should cover your shirt sleeves and jacket sleeves. I always suggest adding 3/8" to the proper length. Inevitably there will be "wear" at the bottom of the sleeves. If you make the sleeves 3/8" longer than you would normally make them, you will be able to shorten the sleeves when the "wear" makes it's appearance and your sleeves will still be long enough.
Paul Winston
Winston Tailors
www.chipp2.com

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, hopefully my regular length cashmere coat I picked up at 75% off has enough in the sleeves to let out.

This coat runs about 6" past my knees, which I think is long enough. Does anyone see a problem with that? It seems that most pictures I see, the coats are a bit longer, but I'm not sure I want something that close to the ground. I have a long torso and arms compared to my legs. A long coat is usually good, but wear regular length pants..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.