Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,131 Posts
The SB jacket would have had to be very wide in the torso indeed to allow for the extra fabric required in a DB. It's like asking whether you could convert a coupe into a four-door saloon.
These days conversions of autos much easier accomplished as witnessed by the many TV custom auto programs available. A 2 door,----Chop, add metal, stretch, add doors etc., weld and shape and voila, a 4 door/ 6 door/ 8 door salooooon. Jacket conversion, nah, unless, you have all the extra fabric that matches the original and then do a chop shop conversion, why bother, you can go to your local dealer and buy the 4 door, less expensive in the long run.

To the OP, Take the advise of well intended members and buy a proper DB jacket.

· Registered
2,131 Posts
Not to be snide, but isn't the Q word one of the LGBT equivalents of the N word? If so, words such as odd, strange or weird (maybe even terribly disproportionate) might be a better choice of a word than the Q word.
I'll wait for JBierly's response to this if he chooses to do so. I won't speak for him. Does the slang "whoa", to reign in, to stop, halt might be apropos to your post. I doubt JB's post even approached what you imply by a far stretch when discussing clothing. The term has had , still has far greater meaning until recently when the PC police have taken to monitor speech. Then you attach another incendiary connotation into mix.

· Registered
2,131 Posts
eagle2250

With all due respect and appreciation of your post. I count 4 posts addressing this including yours, minor quibble. We all have our differences and opinions and at times vigorously defend them and some good nature humor thrown into the mix. Perhaps all or many of us at times being the subject of some jibes.
However, I will stand by my post attempting to stem unwarranted flame throwing at a member, or should we just stand by sheepishly. I commend JB's response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.