Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent visit to Singapore I made my first purchase of tailored clothing. To kick the tires on the whole process I went to two different tailors.

1) This tailor was recommended by a business college for being a reputable, fair priced tailor. I bought a 2 piece suit made from super 130s, a vest and a shirt. Cost was roughly $750 USD. In reading other posts I expect the feedback to be: For this price you likely do not have super 130's fabric and the suit probably fits like a hefty cinch sack. Personally, I think the fabric is great and I am very happy with the fit.

2) Mohan's of Singapore - even at first glance I knew I was probably in for a ride but needed a first hand comparison. Had a pair of pants and three shirts made for $200 USD. Everything fits OK but the fabric is passable at best. The fabric was said to be super 130s but, does not come close to the fabric of the other suit.

Interested in anyone's feedback. Keep in mind that before this purchase my idea of custom tailored clothes involved my mother and a safety pin. If you asked me what a super 130 was I would have guessed a really long cigarette.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.