Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have for a while considered getting new nicer buttons for the blazer which I own, it currently has blue plastic as I did not like the gold standard buttons...I myself prefer white metals and am leaning towards a pewter or a silver/nickle color either engraved initials in script or my college insignia as it seems waterbury button sells them...

Just wondering what everyone else's preference is. Thanks

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I just won an Oxxford navy jacket on ebay - it probably was a suit jacket, but with new buttons on, it'll look fine, in fact, it looks passable with the horn buttons on there.

Anyway, I contemplated mother of pearl, but I was told no, so I'm putting plain, silver ones on.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I personally cannot wear blazers. There was a brief fad of pairing a turtleneck in the late 60s and everybody looked like U Boat kapitans. And after 6 years service I feel a bit comic wearing any civilian version of sea kit with the real stuff buried in some family box with the rest of my wasted youth.
Wear what YOU like.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of navy blazers (esp. SB ones) but if I was going to get one, I think I'd have either smoked MOP or dark brown horn.

I have enamel buttons on my dark green DB blazer and think that's a fun choice too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.