Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Just tell everyone that it's BB Black Fleece...or that you joined the circus.

Assuming the rest fits, you could try getting the sleeves wet and gently stretching them back to their proper length. May work, may not. I suspect not, but it's worht trying before you give it away.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not sure how the shrinkage happened, but you could take it to the tailor to see how much material can be let out in the sleeves. There's usually a fair amount of material under the lining. Even it there isn't, you can have the sleeve completely let out, and then face the other side with another piece of material (I've done this with a pair of trousers before, not cheap, but I have not done so with coat sleeves, but I can't see why it can't be done).

I hate when a favorite piece runs into trouble, I feel your pain.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Not sure how the shrinkage happened, but you could take it to the tailor to see how much material can be let out in the sleeves. There's usually a fair amount of material under the lining. Even it there isn't, you can have the sleeve completely let out, and then face the other side with another piece of material (I've done this with a pair of trousers before, not cheap, but I have not done so with coat sleeves, but I can't see why it can't be done).

I hate when a favorite piece runs into trouble, I feel your pain.
Good advice...I'd be wary of re-wetting it in an attempt to stretch back out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.