Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a size 38, and most of my jackets measure 19 inches from shoulder to shoulder across the back. I'm considering an ebay purchase for the first time, which is a size 38, but a 16 inch shoulder to shoulder measurement. 3 inches seems like a significant difference. Do you think i'll be able to fit into the jacket?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
3 inches is a huge difference if the measurements are being taken the same way. Sometimes Ebay sellers will measure shoulder oddly, though, like straight across the shoulder blades or something else that will yield a particularly small measurement.

I'd say that's way too big a difference to be worth taking a chance on it. You almost certainly won't be able to wear it.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I may be wrong but 19" shoulder should be more the norm for a 42 regular not a 38R. 16-17" sounds about right for a 38 regular.
Thats what I was thinking. Although 17-18 sounds more correct to me. Those are the ranges my 38 suits are in.
I agree, too. 16" is more in the range of a 36, maybe smaller.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Somebody ain't measuring right and/or doesn't know his size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.