Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some older suits which have become a bit bumpy or "lumpy" in the shoulders. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to remedy this, and is there any way to prevent it? I always hang my suits on good wood hangers, so I don't think that's the problem. In fact, the ones with the problem tend to look fine hanging up, but then look a bit bumpy when I put them on, so maybe I just have bumpy shoulders. But I have other suits that look fine in the shoulders. Do I just have bad suits (a real possibility)? Anyway, any suggestions for what I can do would be appreciated.

Also, I have one suit, fairly old and bought at a second-hand store (I was a starving journalist for a while, and had to get a lot of my clothing this way and then get them altered to fit), where the suit is great and fairly fashionable, but the padding actually makes the shoulder slightly convex, as if I have muscles on top of my shoulders. The suit drops down from the neck, goes back up a bit, and then curves back down toward the part where the sleeve connects. When I got the suit altered, I asked the tailor about this, and he said that was just a style at one point. What I didn't ask him, but was wondering, is is it possible to have the padding removed or reduced, or would that just leave me with an ill-fitting suit with loose excess cloth on the shoulder? Once a suit has been cut with this silhouette, is it that way forever?

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.