Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
As for sleeve length, I agree that it's just personal preference. I have always liked mine to be long, down to the elbow. Accordingly I have tended to buy polos and tees one size larger to get the sleeves to be longer. For button front shirts (I only have a few) I cut the sleeves off of long sleeve shirts and hem them to where I want them. A couple of years ago I did this with some polo shirts also to get the sleeves where I wanted them.

As for the tails I like for them to be long enough to tuck in but not so long that they look sloppy if I leave them out. Obviously not all shirts will fit that criteria. I'm thinking about having the tails shortened a few inches on some of my button front shirts this year.

Cruiser

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't sleeve length sort of a matter of personal preference. I prefer mine quite short, as well as the shirt tails so I normally go at least one size down when buying s/s shirts.
i completely agree with you that it is a matter of personal preference.
sometimes with longer sleeves (on short sleeve shirts) it can make the arms look stubby & short, and the torso to appear fatter / wider. That what I thought anyhow.

I just wanted to know what people though on the matter.:icon_smile_big:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.