Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of going into shoppes searching for a perfect shoe only to see that the sole sticks out so much it makes it look like it was made for construction workers.

Anyone know of any good brands or models of shoes that have a very thin sole? I have a nice pair of Opening Ceremony suede lace ups that fit the bill to the t but I do not like the current models they have.

I prefer suede or a nice desert boot with a thin sole. See here to get an example of what I'm looking for in a sole:
https://www.men2.tresbienshop.net/en/art/opening-ceremony-classic-saddle-shoe-black.php

Any suggestions are appreciated...

thanks,
A

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know how you feel. The last time I was in my bank, the man who helped me was wearing shoes with rubber soles almost an inch thick. I wouldn't wear them, even if I were to go hiking in the mountains. And they were made in a combination of brown and black leather that makes me shudder!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you looking for a rubber sole or a leather sole? Generally a nice leather sole will be thinner and also very comfortable.

I have a pair of Crockett & Jones Chelsea boots with the Dainite rubber sole.
It's pretty discreet for a rubber sole. The quality is really good.

You can find a selection of Crockett & Jones boots here:

Keep in mind the prices are in Malaysian currency.

I've also bought from here:

They have a good sale on now. I bought a pair of Yanko and Sanders boots there. The Yanko's are great, the Sanders pretty good. Happy shopping!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Oh, my goodness! You really kind of scared me with those shoes you posted. Even aside from the contrasting sole color, the thick sole and the heelless design make them look really bad tome.

I'm afraid I don't have any idea where to send you to find something else like that.

Sorry.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, my goodness! You really kind of scared me with those shoes you posted. Even aside from the contrasting sole color, the thick sole and the heelless design make them look really bad tome.

I'm afraid I don't have any idea where to send you to find something else like that.

Sorry.
You're 100% right about if the shoe is nice or not - which it is not. Regardless if it has a heel or not, I am only using it as an example to show a shoe with a thin sole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.