Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: I have a pair of charcoal gray and medium gray dresspants and I would looking for shoe color options, aside from black. Would a burgundy or brown be an appropriate color with charcoal gray? The shoes I already have are the Aldens all weather walker, barrie last. Would they match well with the gray? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Hello: I have a pair of charcoal gray and medium gray dresspants and I would looking for shoe color options, aside from black. Would a burgundy or brown be an appropriate color with charcoal gray? The shoes I already have are the Aldens all weather walker, barrie last. Would they match well with the gray? Thank you.
As was stated, a lot of different colors should look good. Without actually seeing your slacks, I'd think the Alden shoe should look pretty good with either. It's medium to brown grained leather, yes? You can have issues with tan or very llight brown with charcoal, but I don't think that would be the case.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Darker shades of brown or even brown suede would be good options.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
^While yours was an interesting and potentially helpful read, there was no mention of the almost universal appeal/applicability of burgundy/cordovan/oxblood, in one's sartorial mix! ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Anytime I question my self on weather or not shoes and a belt go with a certain pair of pants,I look for a tie that contains those two colors and wear it with it. This may be improper but I think it always looks acceptable.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My opinion is that the lighter the grey, the more shades of brown can work with it. Light grey could work with tan, light brown, dark brown, or cordovan/oxblood. As the grey gets darker and darker so do my shoes, until oxblood is about the only color I'd wear with a grey that's so dark it's almost black. No rules of course, just my preference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.