Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to "high end" shoes, and really, I'm at the entry level of that. After perusing this forum, I was all ready to go out and buy Allen Edmonds, but it seems I have a small dilemma. My feet are too wide. Salesman at Sky Valet (I'm in the DC area) says I wear a 9EE, but AE only makes E and EEE shoes. I've heard that maybe I could wear an 8.5EEE but they didn't have any to try on, perhaps someone could comment on what size EEE would be a good fit, as I like the AE line and the price is right. I'm asking for recommendations on other makers as well. I have three requirements:

1. 9EE or comparable in size
2. Price $300-$500 (The cheaper the better when it comes to the wife)
3. Quality shoes that look good, will last a long time.

I've been recently promoted and I have been redoing my wardrobe, without going overboard. I've been buying Charles Tyrwhitt shirts on clearance, which I have 12 of, and I've placed an order for about 15 ties from Sam Hober. Other than shoes, I should be good to go. Thanks all for the help.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
There's an Allen Edmonds company store at 1027 Connecticut Avenue NW in DC. Why don't you go there and try a pair on. And why not consider a 9 triple E.
Allen Edmonds hosts a factory-seconds store on eBay with prices ranging from $109 to $199. I buy there regularly (10.5 3E) with tremendous luck, and satisfaction. Good luck to you too, AE's a great looking and long lasting shoe.

·
Registered
769 Posts
AE makes many different lasts, some of which fit quite differently. (5 runs narrowest in forefoot, new 0 seems to run widest.) It might be worth finding a store w/ a wider selection or ordering a pair or two from one of the low-risk online sources before you give up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.