Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps,

Can anyone give some definitive information about where specific shoemakers source their calf leather from please, how old the calfs tend to be and which tanneries they use?

Co's of particular interest are :

Edward Green

JM Weston - ( have their own tannery, don't know where they get their hides from )

Jeffery West

Foster & Son

Crockett & Jones

Be a big help to know

TY

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi Chaps,

Can anyone give some definitive information about where specific shoemakers source their calf leather from please, how old the calfs tend to be and which tanneries they use?

Co's of particular interest are :

Edward Green

JM Weston - ( have their own tannery, don't know where they get their hides from )

Jeffery West

Foster & Son

Crockett & Jones

Be a big help to know

TY
Whilst I don't know the names & locations of the tanneries it maybe of interest to know that according to C&J they use the same tannery as EG for their Handgrade line, using swiss calf.

Jeffrey West shoes btw are made by Cheaney.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Edward Green use Baker & Sons in Devon for their sole leather, the only Oak tannery left in the UK apparently.

I heard that about JW; there one other maker in Northampton that makes their shoes as well; name escapes me.

I'm trying to find out from Weinhemer who buys calf leather from them in the UK.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello,
Well, according to the website, Church certainly get their leather from them:

"Custom-made, rather than off-the-peg. Not only does James Bond (alias Pierce Brosnan) likes shoes made by "Church", he also likes the leather used in their production.- Leather made by Weinheimer Leder."

As Church and Cheaney are now part of the same overall company then perhaps Cheaney use it too?

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Chris.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.