Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

What do folks know about Martegani shoes? I am looking at the following (I have the link, as I could not figure out how to insert a picture.)

I am nervous about ordering shoes by mail; would like to try them on. The fact that this shoe is a special order is an additional concern. Does anyone have any recommendations for top notch shoe stores in the city for the kind of shoes I am seeing on line...particularly the English makers. I am going to London in July and may just wait until then. I do intend a trip into NYC to go to the Moreschi store....I want the following:

https://www.avventura.com/product.asp?deptid=2269&pfid=AVV03105

Again afraid to buy by mail.

I had a bad experience at Shoe Mart in Norwalk. They were pushing the Allen Edmonds Fairfax, a single piece perfed Balmoral. The lace closure did not close ? The pictures I posted show that closure to be very snug. Other Balmoral type shoes I have close completely when I lace them. The salesman said that was just how the shoe was....I was not persuaded that was how it should be.

Anyway, any insights on shopping the big apple or my "Balmoral issue" would be appreciated. Love the forum and thanks for the entertaining dialogue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.