Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I suppose it was bound to happen but my favorite 15 year old black oxfords have some legit damage. Its pretty straightforward the leather lining is tearing away at the top stitch. It isnt a surprise the leather is incredibly thin. This creates a seperation between the lining and the shell. Everything else is fantastic, I just resoled them about a year ago and the shell while heavily creased has no other issues. I love them and they were my first church's and really my first really good pair of shoes.
I could probably use rubber cement and noone would be the wiser. Honestly when I put them on you cant see it. I dont think this is the best option though. I have atleast another 10 years on these shoes so I would like to do a proper repair. I am not skilled enough to do it myself and I would like to equal level of skill involved in repair. Does anyone have recommendations for a repair service?

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
If the lining is detaching at the collar of the shoes upper, your local cobbler should be able to repair that. However, if the tearing is somewhere on the interior of the shoe, you may have to live with it. That is what has happened with my 45 year old AE #8 shell cordovan Leeds and AE advised me several years back, that the shoes have been recrafted for the last time! :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.