Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed a lot in general, but specifically I was wondering if there is any particular product that will protect the fabric on these shoes I just had made.
The Fabric is a Scabal super 130's I believe, which probably sounds a lot more extravagant, when in reality working in tailoring it was pretty practical and easy to obtain this small of a section.
The leather used is a burnished bison leather, and the shoe is Goodyear welted with a leather sole, onto which I had taps added.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you gentleman.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
I can think of nothing other than Scotchguard. Have no idea if this might darken the fabric.

I intend no offense, but I have to think they're not very practical from a maintenance perspective. At least canvas spectators are absent a pattern, and tend to soil uniformly. I would have to think the pattern will highlight any blemish.

Not to my taste either, but that's what makes horse races. :icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
A beautiful shoe!

Something that I would perhaps wear with a grey suit and a bow tie of a similar check pattern.

Perhaps a shoe that was designed as a pure accessory, and not to be worn in anything other than the most agreeable of weather.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your responses and compliments, I will try the scotch gard and let you know how it works.

They were made by Tauer and Johnson, which is a rather small company that makes MTO shoes by hand.

Mr. Pipps, I like the suggestion and will definatly wear them as such, and agree that they are probably going to have to be saved until the snow and salt clears up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Tauer & Johnson are mto shoe that are made in Mexico. You can choose the style, type of leather, goodyear welted or bond welt construction, extra or regular depth, choose the type of soles including JR leather, custom fitted to each size of your individual feet. Usually takes 6 weeks. Really nice shoes.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you again for the kind replies.

Under the wool there is leather on the inside of the shoe, so that from the inside the shoe slides on and is constructed in the same way as most Goodyear welts, however instead of a leather vamp the wool was used. It is very comfortable to wear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.