Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
3,297 Posts
I'm not crazy about the look but Ted Baker and Etro shirts are like this.

· Registered
259 Posts
Or maybe just went the whole hog:

It's a screen shot from a DVD and I apologise for getting my mouse pointer in the shot.

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Is that shirt from BB? You can even get the pants as well !! I dont know what happens when you wear both together ;-)

One of the things I dont like about the contrasting material is that sometimes I really like the outside material, its color or print, but I dont like the interior material. I wonder if these shirt makers understand the risk of introducing a reason to not buy a shirt. I guess for every time I get turned off by the contrasting material choice 100 fashionistas lunge towards the cash register. Maybe this is why I only own one of them - A Robert Graham that fairly subdued.

...hey I like that tag line at the bottom of your post, where have I seen that before?

· Registered
68 Posts
one of my clients has every single one of his shirts made with the underside of the collars & cuffs in a different fabric. He has introduced a number of his friends to his way too and they have great fun competing for the best combinations!

Also, for weddings this has proved extremely popular, extremely smart white with a touch of personalisation cunningly hidden away!

There are some photos on my gallery if you fancy a look at what can be done

· Registered
816 Posts
Maybe I am missing something here. If the design is on the inside of the cuff and collar, it is not really visible unless someone has their sleeves rolled up, right? So what's the big deal of whether or not it is "in" style right now or will fade out in a few years?
To me, it seems like the same thing as getting colorful lining on the inside of a suit jacket. It's kind of a cool detail, but nobody will really see it.

· Registered
237 Posts
+1 for Robert Graham as well. Well made shirts (reasonably) and I always get lots of positive comments when I wear one of them.

For something with jeans or if you're going out to a club, they are fine. wouldn't wear them with a sut though!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.