Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Consider this a sort of follow up to the "Shirt Stud Backs" thread.

One of my formal shirts has four stud holes,and I now know three are considered more elegant.My question is,is it possible to have the bottom stud hole sewn shut and have one of the pearl buttons from the strip that came with it put in it's place?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I wouldn't even worry about it. Why re-think something that already will work? Otherwise, the way I would go about handling the fourth stud hole is by cutting off one button from the button strip that came with the shirt. I would use that one button in place of a fourth shirt stud. Or, I would sew the back hole up and then sew a button on top it. I wouldn't waste mmy time or money going to a tailor for something that small.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't even worry about it. Why re-think something that already will work? Otherwise, the way I would go about handling the fourth stud hole is by cutting off one button from the button strip that came with the shirt. I would use that one button in place of a fourth shirt stud. Or, I would sew the back hole up and then sew a button on top it. I wouldn't waste mmy time or money going to a tailor for something that small.
You know,I thought about cutting a button off of the strip,but I didn't think it would work,but it does.Thanks for the advice!:icon_smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.