Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's an outlet mall in Allen, Texas, which is a suburb of Dallas.

My favorite store there is the Ralph Lauren Polo outlet store.

Last time I was there, I snagged a silk/linen buff colored double pleated trousers off the clearance rack for $10!!! :icon_smile:

C'mon, share your love of outlet stores here!

Kind Regards,

Chase

·
Site Creator
11,752 Posts
Chase:

You hit a nerve here!! Near me are two Factory Outlet centers, Camarillo (near Ventura and Oxnard - north of LA) and Cabazon (between LA and Palm Springs).

And my favorite shop at both is Polo (well, you could have guessed that :eek:). Just stopped in the Camarillo Polo and came out with a bunch of stuff that was 30% off the discount price plus I had a coupon for 20% off that! One shirt was priced at $175 retail and I got 7 items for around $165.

See men are historically (prehistorically) hunters!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cabazon is a favorite. It used to feature the "Nothing But Big Bags O' Socks" store that, sadly, seems to have disappeared as of about a month ago. And Coyote Tacos is a mandatory stop on the way home. There's another outlet mall in Lake Elsinore that's worth a visit, also. The two are pretty similar, though. Our last trip was to Cabazon where I combined the VIP coupon with a sale at Van Heusen and picked up a half-dozen dress shirts.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
The outlet mall my wife and I seem to visit most often is the Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets, Michigan City, IN. My most recent big scores have been a Shetland Tweed Hacking Jacket and two Scottish wool sweaters at the BB outlet store; total at original listing prices = $835; my cost out the door = $171! Thanks to all the outlet malls, within driving distance, I rarely pay anything close to retail. If the thrill is in the hunt, ya gotta love those outlets! ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's right, I forgot all about the Brooks Brothers outlet store.

I got the coolest Patchwork shorts (very Trad actually, I would imagine) for a mere $17.

--Chase

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I will mention the BB outlet, too. Many AAAC threads have decried their lost quality and value, but last year I landed a navy merino half-zip sweater for $20. Quite a few of their items seem poor in quality, but this sweater is primo. While I'm at it, the Nike outlet next door has some GREAT values, and there doesn't seem to be such a disparity between outlet and retail stores. These are the Jackson Outlets here in NJ. Bill

·
Registered
915 Posts
You have to hunt a lot more, but you can still find gems in the BB outlet stores, what few are left. My favorites are the tattersall/flannel country club shirts for ~ $15 on sale, and the navy sack blazer I found for $40(!)

About fifteen minutes up I-75 from my house is Great Lakes Crossing, almost across the road from the Palace where the Pistons play. It's a kind of super-outlet indoor mall - Off Sak's, NM Last Call, BB Outlet (a real one) Eddie Bauer outlet, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Crabtree & Evelyn. The only major omissions are Polo and Nordstrom Rack, which aren't that far away. My greatest outlet finds have been at the Last Call: a pair of Incotex cashmere cords for $60 because the very bottom of the leg was ripped, which I had hemmed off anyways, and an Oxxford jacket for $500.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Give New York its due

Have any of you Californians been to Woodbury Common, around an hour north of NYC? It is the great Mecca of outlet shopping. I picked up a BB 1818 for $199.99. My only regret is not buying more of them. Also, I heard Woodbury has the only AE outlet store in the country (not including the one in Wisconsin).

·
Registered
499 Posts
Have any of you Californians been to Woodbury Common, around an hour north of NYC? It is the great Mecca of outlet shopping. I picked up a BB 1818 for $199.99. My only regret is not buying more of them. Also, I heard Woodbury has the only AE outlet store in the country (not including the one in Wisconsin).
Ummm...there's several AE outlets, but none in Woodbury as far as I know.

Where in Woodbury did you see this?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
My best ever outlet haul was 2 RLPL suits & 2 RLPL jackets, all in my size, for just £99 each. Never seen that level of deal since!

Some of the Loro Piana items I've bought at outlet have been great deals too. Same for Ferragamo Tramezza shoes.

It's safe to say I like outlets. :)

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
The outlet mall in Gaffney,SC has a BB outlet,which I go to maybe once or twice every two months.They also have a few other good shops for guys like us.Last time I was down there,I picked up a few pair of shorts and a polo from Haggar (even though I'm sure they have a less than favorable reputation around here),an umbrella from Totes,and a few other items.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Kiton and Pretzels

As for Outlet malls, I really like Woodbury Commons and Jersey Gardens. They both have a Neiman Marcus Last Call, where I've had tremendous luck.

Also, Jersey Gardens has an Auntie Anne's Pretzel shop, which is a sure-fire way to make my afternoon. :icon_smile_big:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.