Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a nice mid grey suit this year that I featured in a previous post. I really like the suit but as it turns out, I've had a hard time finding a pair of socks that match this particular shade of grey. I'll keep up the hunt but in the meantime, I need a little advice.

Is it better to wear socks that are slightly lighter in shade, or slightly darker? I understand that having the socks match the suit helps to lengthen the leg-line. Which option would look better, or at least not that bad? I have several pairs of grey socks, both lighter and darker. Just not an exact match! :icon_headagainstwall:

· Premium Member
27,866 Posts
If your shoes are tonally darker than the suit, darker socks. If lighter, lighter socks. Or you could harmonize your socks with other things you're wearing. I've found that both navy and wine solid socks are easy to harmonize if you're wearing a grey suit and other items that are either blue or red.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.