Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After losing 50 lbs in the past year, I am freeing up space in my closet and getting rid of my XXL Polo shirts, sweaters, and 48 suits and blazers. It feels great to be able to get rid of these and use the money to buy clothes that fit!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is what I currently have up. Nothing too great in the way of 48 L except for a navy blazer listed right now, but I will be adding more in the next few days. Focusing on getting rid of some Ralph Lauren items first. I should note that many of these items were purchased before I started getting into finer clothing (before I found AAAC!)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I would hold on to some of them.....I have never had a real weigh problem, lost some weight after my divorce, bought great new skinny clothing and then I gained the weight back. Sold the skinny clothes (as well as the other clothing, or more accurately gave it to charity)...so I had to rebuy the not skinny stuff again. Well I recently cut refined sugar out of my diet and lost close to 20 pounds, went down to a 32 or so waist and have boxed up all of my older larger clothing. My dress clothing I was able to have tailored, my chinos again are all new. I don't think I will gain the weight back but one never truly knows.

Good luck and stay the course.

·
Connoisseur - Moderator
9,709 Posts
Guitone, usually I agree with you, and this decision is certainly an individual one. I've gotten rid of most of my fat clothes (just giving them to a thrift store; there was nothing special about anything to try to sell it on EBay and I don't have a lot of time to deal with the sales stuff.)

I'm thinking that by not having an escape route, I'm more likely to continue losing or at least maintain my present weight. I will concede that this truly is an individual decision, though.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Guitone, usually I agree with you, and this decision is certainly an individual one. I've gotten rid of most of my fat clothes (just giving them to a thrift store; there was nothing special about anything to try to sell it on EBay and I don't have a lot of time to deal with the sales stuff.)

I'm thinking that by not having an escape route, I'm more likely to continue losing or at least maintain my present weight. I will concede that this truly is an individual decision, though.
Yes, and my hat is off to you for your weight loss. I too believe I am stable with my weight now as I have made changes to my diet that are not so bad, I actually like the way I am eating now. If you ever cut out refined sugar you will be amazed at how sweet Ketchup tastes.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yes, and my hat is off to you for your weight loss. I too believe I am stable with my weight now as I have made changes to my diet that are not so bad, I actually like the way I am eating now. If you ever cut out refined sugar you will be amazed at how sweet Ketchup tastes.
True enough, but I would contend that if you are using ketchup then you haven't cut out refined sugar. If anything, corn syrup is worse than cane sugar.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
True enough, but I would contend that if you are using ketchup then you haven't cut out refined sugar. If anything, corn syrup is worse than cane sugar.
I think I may has said I have cut out about 80 or 90% of refined sugar. I don't eat with ketchup, and I read labels. I do cheat a tad and have a small amount of dark chocolate or maybe a graham cracker, but that is about it. I have also cut out white foods, like white potatoes, pasta, white carbs, I do eat whole wheat bread, real whole wheat bread, made with only whole wheat flour. It is nearly impossible to cut out all refined sugars unless you do everything from scratch, but I have done pretty well for the past 7 months. Yes, I do have a glass of wine once in awhile, also refined sugar, but again, the amount is almost insignificant. I have not been able to gain weight since getting down to 135 which seems to be staying stable, no matter how much I eat, although I have noticed that I eat smaller portions and less often. Stevia is a wonderful substitute for sugar once you get used to it, you cannot cook with it but it is great in my tea, a bit bitter when you start using it, but like with so many things one can get used to it and I actually like it now. BTW, I cut out refined sugars due to a medical issue that is now resolved and saw no reason to re-introduce them back into my diet.

·
Connoisseur - Moderator
9,709 Posts
I like Splenda, too. Congratulations on your new diet. Even if you have not cut them "out", you have cut them way down. I've not totally cut them out, although the fruits and vegetables I eat most of the time have little of them. (I still indulge in a cookie or two per week, though.)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Way to go! I let myself put on about 40 pounds I had previously lost (you'd think you'd be more aware of it than you are) and am now pushing back in the other direction. For something so simple, its hard and a lot of work.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I like Splenda, too. Congratulations on your new diet. Even if you have not cut them "out", you have cut them way down. I've not totally cut them out, although the fruits and vegetables I eat most of the time have little of them. (I still indulge in a cookie or two per week, though.)
Actually it is Stevia, I believe Spenda is still a refined sugar. Stevia I get a Whole Foods but not their brand, I can tell you the brand if you need it, it is better than their house brand. And yes, cutting the sugars down has been very interesting for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.