Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had one years ago, and loved it. it was a sport shirt that had different patterns on different parts of the shirt. maybe the collar was one type pring or stripe, the yoke another different stripe, or plaid, and the front and back panels different prints also. i know it sounds a bit like a train wreck, but it actually worked in a youngish preppy with attitude way.
this isn't a "patchwork" type shirt at all, by the way. after all, i'm not from connecticut. that last sentence was said with lots of love for conn.
can anybody help me.
first post, new to the site.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
First billybobtoo, welcome to these fora! I suspect you will find your time here informative, as well as entertaining. As to the shirt you are seeking, I'm not aware of one utilizing different patterns but, Brooks Brothers was offering a shirt constructed of pin striped panels, with the pin stripes of different colors and running in differing directions. It might be worth checking out your local BB retail or outlet store. Good luck in the hunt! :)

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
Are you referring to a "color block" shirt? I can't remember seeing one of these type shirts with different "patterns", they are generally solids composed of blocks of several different colors.

Cruiser

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the forum billybobtoo. No offense, but that is the ugliest shirt I have ever seen. The only "fun" part about wearing that shirt would be the laughs and finger pointing you would get from wearing it. I will admire your boldness if you wear it, sort of.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I cannot stand that shirt. BB was the first company to due that many years ago. I believe that Alan Flusser claims that subsequently, other companies like Tommy Hilfiger started copying the design.

Cordovan

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Guys, check the date of the thread before responding. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.