Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

What do you guys think of Sean Connery's outfit in the movie The Russia House from 1990?

I saw the movie many years ago as a teenager and was impressed by the great mood in the movie, and by how the outfits of the characters contributed to that.

I got really fascinated by Connery's clothes and the movie got me interested in the whole field of men's classic fashion. The great thing is that now almost 20 years later, Connery still looks as stylish and modern as then. I wonder how many other movies from 1990 could match that. :icon_smile_big:

Anyway, have a look at a few captures and feel free to let me know what you think.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Watched the Russia House the other night on cable great film and as per usual Mr Connery was immaculately dressed for his role nothing over stated but quietly confident, as one would expect from an actor of his calibre.

Mind you it confirmed for me that the the safari suit, not that I ever owned one, should stay out of the light of day.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The movie business has changed. Movie performers today are more realistic. Can you imagine Fred Astaire , Clark Gable , Robert Taylor or Cary Grant except in special cases
dressed that poorly ? Actors of that era was bigger than life , not so today.

Top women actresses did not take their clothes off , today , anything goes. Gary Cooper was the same in all his movies , so was Flynn , Peck and Lawrence Olivier.
Today I would not be surprise by anything I see on the silver screen.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sean Connery's movie characters are usually depicted as exemplars of the classic look. I can't think of a movie in which he's appeared where this isn't so.
Sword of the Valiant: The Legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight

Connery as the Green Knight :icon_pale:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.