Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By chance are you a Sigma Chi? Just looking at your rings... I'm loving the clubmasters too.
Oddly, not the first time I've been asked that in reference to the Avery cross ring. It was a confirmation gift. Someone in Boston asked me that before, I believe. I have a 3 sunglass rotation that includes the Clubmaster, Wayfarer (tortoise shell) and a pair of Randolph Engineering Aviators. I have no idea where my interest in sunglasses came from this year as I have always just worn beaters. FWIW . . .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Are the Randolphs just a higher end version of the American Optics aviators? Which size is similar to the Wayfarers and Clubmasters?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Are the Randolphs just a higher end version of the American Optics aviators? Which size is similar to the Wayfarers and Clubmasters?
That's a really good question, and one to which I confess I don't have the answer. I looked up AO, and the details & size (and history of supplying US Govt.) seem very similar to Randolph's. I ordered a 58 mm RE Square Frame Aviator in chrome Bayonet, and it fits perfectly, much better than the Ray Bans (I have a big head). The Clubmaster is a bit narrower, but the Wayfarers fit fine. In other words, the Clubmasters stretch a bit when put on at first but then are ok. Im sure there are other forum members much more informed than I on the subject. I've been very pleased with all three, but my favorite are the Randolph's.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Oddly, not the first time I've been asked that in reference to the Avery cross ring....
Avery? *sound of cobwebs clearing in what is left of a brain* James Avery! Good grief...I'd not thought about them in years, not since I lived in Texas. For the money they really do make fine silver work. And now I have a delightful excuse to order another catalog. :icon_smile_big: Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.