Men's Clothing Forums banner
421 - 440 of 485 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,769 Posts
That was the first pair of shoes he unboxed that came with a full blown shoe care kit, packaged in a nice segmented cloth carrying case...sorta like the canvas wrap that houses my beloved Craftsman wrenches. I guess if one blows enough cash on a new pair of high end shoes, they will take care of all the little things? ;)

·
Registered
27,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
I realize it may be futile to ask an audience grown accustomed to 5 second video clips to invest the time it takes to appreciate this video. But this beautiful one hour documentary is truly something special. In it Patrick Grant, an English designer who I believe may have started as a tailor tours heritage British makers all over Britain of the good stuff that makes the clothing made from it so special. This is an hour of your time that will be richly rewarded. (If you want to cheat, Harris Tweed begins around the 17 minute mark.)

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,769 Posts
I realize it may be futile to ask an audience grown accustomed to 5 second video clips to invest the time it takes to appreciate this video. But this beautiful one hour documentary is truly something special. In it Patrick Grant, an English designer who I believe may have started as a tailor tours heritage British makers all over Britain of the good stuff that makes the clothing made from it so special. This is an hour of your time that will be richly rewarded. (If you want to cheat, Harris Tweed begins around the 17 minute mark.)

I'm sure the video is a good one, but alas, the gym awaits. Due to it's length, I'll have to save this video for later. :(

·
Registered
27,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
A very handsome pair of Vass Shoes, for sure. I do so like the grained leather on the heels and toe caps. ;)
I think so too. Love Adelaides!

The subtle contrast of smooth and grain of the same color always makes a subtle, low-key contrast. These could be worn for most business with no other comment than, "Nice shoes!"

421 - 440 of 485 Posts