Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I am considering suits from both manufacturers? Does AAAC have a preference. Is quality of construction same? Are both full canvas? Which has better fabric choices? Thank you.
Bypass the salesman. Go straight to the factory. Its in Westminster. The in-house tailoring service is English-American Tailoring: https://www.englishamericanco.com/

No salesmen constantly calling. Suits about 1/2 price. I'm picking up a suit Thursday made from Holland & Sherry super 120 (blue with red/burgundy pin stripes). With a spare pair of trousers $995.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I agree with 82 completely. In fact, I would almost hesitate to associate the EA shop with Ton James despite the big TJ sign on the wall. They are courteous, have fair prices, only offer a quality constructed garment (TJ bought via salesmen is available in a range of qualities, some very good, but others pretty bad), and actually know how to measure.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Bypass the salesman. Go straight to the factory. Its in Westminster. The in-house tailoring service is English-American Tailoring: https://www.englishamericanco.com/

No salesmen constantly calling. Suits about 1/2 price. I'm picking up a suit Thursday made from Holland & Sherry super 120 (blue with red/burgundy pin stripes). With a spare pair of trousers $995.
82-Greg,

Does Emglish American offer fully canvassed construction? If so at what price? I get to Baltimore a few times a year, so if their goods are equal to Samuelsohn, a trip to Westminster would be a worthwhile detour. Plus I could eat at Baugher's.:aportnoy:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
82-Greg,

Does Emglish American offer fully canvassed construction? If so at what price? I get to Baltimore a few times a year, so if their goods are equal to Samuelsohn, a trip to Westminster would be a worthwhile detour. Plus I could eat at Baugher's.:aportnoy:
The factory outlet ONLY does full canvas. I don't think their stuff is quite on par with Sammy, but its damned close for less than 1/2 the cost.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
82-Greg,

Prices start around $600 but you'll want to spend at least $750 to get into nicer woolens. They have some stuff that gets up to almost $2000 also, some H&S stuff that is really high Supers, like 180s (I dunno which books they come from). If you are in Baltimore you should just go and have a look - its a good deal anyway you cut it and they have a large selection of woolens to look at.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks Louche. I Googled them this morning and a return showed they are owned by H. Freeman. Not Samuelsohn's equal, but at $750 for MTM, the differences are reduced to mere quibbles if the fit is right.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Full canvas?
Everything sold directly out of the Westminster "outlet" shop is full canvas. The Westminster factory, however, serves the whole Tom James, H. Freeman empire and produces everything from low end to completely handmade goods.

I can't speak for LS's arrangement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.