Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) I still need to post photos of my suits. Need someone to take a photo of them still. Want to do this soon as I would like comments before buying a 2nd suit!

2) Omar sent me a flyer for Saks trunk shows. Posting here vs . deals section as I saw other posts here but feel free to move. I won't be able to hit the trunk show directly that I want to go to (Isaia) so I plan on getting trunk show pricing "around" those dates. (though I'm curious about the trunk show to see what a $40K fabric feels like.. has to feel illegal at that price). I inquired to see if there was going to be super-special pricing given recession etc., told this isn't the case. e.g. I imagine a -20% off deal would generate a lot of sales in this environment. Am told that Saks picks up the discounts they offer on trunk-show, that the MFG'ers charge the same rate.. so trunk shows already are a special sale. Generally trunk show pricing is supposedly like 10-15% off the floor pricing. I'm sure there are more experienced members here that can add more to benefits or cons of a trunk show...

Dates
================
Kiton: passed already
Canali: passed already
Domenico Spano Custom: 3/5 - 3/7
Zegna & Isaia: 3/13 - 3/14
Corneliani: 3/14
Oxxford: 3/20, 3/21
Hickey Freeman: 3/21

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I bought a Zegna sportcoat at a Saks trunk show in May 2007 - actually the last MTM piece I've bought.

There's a broader range of fabrics, at least twice the number that are kept in the boxes for MTM usually. The prices are better than the regular MTM pricing by at least 10%. Perhaps more - they did a similar but cheaper fabric in RTW that season and the RTW cost more than I paid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.