Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help finding a nice pair of saddle shoes. The more casual style that pair well with khakis, reds, seersucker. Walk-Over used to be my source but their website literally has two pair of shoes. I know that AE has the Shelton but that model is slightly too dressy for what I am after. So with hat in hand...I turn to you for help!

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I like all saddle shoes.

But my favorite is a pair of Allen Edmonds shells black/burgundy through their custom program.

I have four or five other pairs too. I am sure you will see lots of replies with this one.

Regards,

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
AE used to offer the Shelton saddle shoes in a number of color combinations. I've had the black on burgandy's, black on black shark hide, and a dark brown on chili's. I still have the brown on chili Sheltons and largely dur to the color of the shoes, they work quite well in casual situations. I don't know if AE still offers that combination, but should they do so, it would serve you well. :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
167 Posts
https://www.dann-online.com/saddle_shoe_collection_for_men_Dann.htm

I've never ordered these (I need a EEE width shoe), but the folks at Dann are pretty responsive, and I think they are an AAAC advertiser - or used to be.

Although I may have missed it in the maze of Dann's site, I suspect the ones they offer are T. B. Phelps (again, never ordered because of the lack of widths):

I have the AE Shelton in walnut and brown, a J&M Owen in burgundy and black, and an old Walkover in "bone and blue." Great shoes, all three, but if I can ever find a variety of saddle shoes in a EEE width, I will expand that little collection! Good luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Reactions: Ivygrad71
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.