Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have collected a number of Royal Doulton figurines and character jugs over the years. This past week I purchased a new character jug - the 2008 Jug of the Year of Prince Charles. Imagine my surprise when the jug arrived and on the bottom was a tag marked "made in Thailand"? What's the deal? I always thoufht RD was made in Engald? When did tey move operations to Thailand?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've also seen "Made in Indonesia" on some of their stuff.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
All the high end china manufacturers in England have closed their UK factories leading to high redundancies in Staffordshire ( known as the Potteries) and now make most stuff in Asia. I cannot quite get my head round Wedgewood "Made in China"! - how can it be Wedgewood!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Bangladesh

If one's dinner guests are sufficiently well-bred not to turn over the plates and scrutinise the labels, one can buy handsome ceramic tableware in Bangladesh that compares favourably with some of the best products of Europe and Japan, but at insignificant prices.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses. I guess I will have to limit my Royal Doulton collecting to the vintage stuff....If I wanted crap made in Thailand I'd go to Walmart where I can buy it in bulk....next thing you know Swaine Adeney & Brigg will be having their umbrellas made in China! I was shocked to discover two years ago that Burberry is having their umbrella's made in China. I had purchased a Burberry umbrella about 10 years ago, and it was made in England, and it had a cotton canopy and wood handle and shaft. Two years ago I was looking at one as a gift and was surprised when I read the label and it was marked "Made in China", and it was a lower quality product, with a polyester canopy, wood handle but metal shaft. It seemed more like a Totes than a Burberry umbrella. Oh well, standards seem to be falling everywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Royal Doulton Event & Exposition 2009

Serious collectors will love this!

The International Royal Doulton Event is taking place July 17-19, 2009 at the Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at the Eagle Crest Resort in Ypsilanti, Michigan. This innovative Royal Doulton Event is devoted to bringing the finest in antique English art pottery to discerning collectors and dealers from around the world.
Collectors and dealers of Royal Doulton, Moorcroft, Wedgwood and Andrew Hull pottery are all invited to attend this FREE event.

"The International Royal Doulton Event will create excitement not seen in years" said Arron Rimpley. "We look forward to welcoming collectors and exhibitors from the United States, Europe and around the world to our extraordinary event this July."

For more info visit

WE ARE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR MORE EXHIBITORS:
We are seeking quality dealers. The International Royal Doulton Event has already generated much excitement and we would like you to be a part of it. There are incentive packages available for Canadian and International Dealers. Give us a call or send an email for additional information. If you are interested in exhibiting, Please complete the exhibitor's form. .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.