Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,219 Posts
The shipping charges are exceedingly high ....

Also, I would find out how they ship. Some of these firms use UPS and UPS collects a fee for brokering custom duties, which may be non-existant but you have to pay anyway. Duchamp of London is one of the highest and they only charge 18 bps. Also, after many complaints, Duchamp is not having duty collected by UPS. Some of these English firms are new to international shipping and don't realize how their shipping prices discourage US sales.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
The JAB sb pl, one button is made of a light weight wool ....

and is suitable for year round wear. Barethea is a type of weave used on tuxedos and even braces and is not a wool so there is no problem as far as temperature. I wore my JAB last summer and last Saturday for Valentine's Day. The shoulder pading is about what you would expect for a peak lapel. There is no vent in the jacket, and the facing on the jacket and pants is grosgrain.

This tuxedo is one of the best buys from JAB. It retails for $795, but can be had for $350.
Unfortunately, JAB fell down on their tie and cummerbund set. It is polyester, so don't bother with it. A silk faille tie and cummerbund can be had in a Robert Talbott from Direct Clothiers. These are usually on sale for 50% off. Silk faille is so similar to grosgrain that the tuxedo facings will match your tie and cummerbund or vest if you prefer.

1 - 2 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.