Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

One of the few Guy Ritchie movies that is worth the look I have to say I like the way the guys are dressed in this movie. Even the junkies (first pic on the right) seem to know how to dress. Second pic is a very British style in my opinion. Casual but still neat and a bit tacky. I like it. If you get the chance then you should surely check it out. Pretty impressive.

I'd pick this one over the last couple of Bond flicks.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I watched it last night. I was surprised not to see one of the low-lifes wearing a covert coat. I thought Arch was the best-dressed character; very understated, casual yet still businesslike. His powder-blue cardigan was particularly nice.

Lenny's (Tom Wilkinson's) suits were fine but his shirt collars were too soft-looking and his ties did not impress. The guys in the second pic are wide boys, wearing Guy Ritchie's idea of what they would wear, one supposes. I think One Two (Gerard Butler) may have on a Ban-lon shirt there. Reminds me a bit of what my Dad would sport during off-duty hours back in the 60s. The Russian billionaire guy looked awful, perhaps to show that while he may have had (dubiously acquired) coin enough to pay for a yacht, he had no taste or class to go with all the scratch.

As for clothing attended to as such in the film, the scene with the hopheads trying to fence stolen fur coats in the middle of summer was droll.

·
Banned
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I watched it last night. I was surprised not to see one of the low-lifes wearing a covert coat. I thought Arch was the best-dressed character; very understated, casual yet still businesslike. His powder-blue cardigan was particularly nice.

Lenny's (Tom Wilkinson's) suits were fine but his shirt collars were too soft-looking and his ties did not impress. The guys in the second pic are wide boys, wearing Guy Ritchie's idea of what they would wear, one supposes. I think One Two (Gerard Butler) may have on a Ban-lon shirt there. Reminds me a bit of what my Dad would sport during off-duty hours back in the 60s. The Russian billionaire guy looked awful, perhaps to show that while he may have had (dubiously acquired) coin enough to pay for a yacht, he had no taste or class to go with all the scratch.

As for clothing attended to as such in the film, the scene with the hopheads trying to fence stolen fur coats in the middle of summer was droll.
I know, Arch is played by Mark Strong (who's real name is Marco Salussolia) He's always dressed good he was also starring in Syriana.

The Russian guy had a nice wardrobe actually but it just looked wacky on him, he couldn't pull it off.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I know, Arch is played by Mark Strong (who's real name is Marco Salussolia) He's always dressed good he was also starring in Syriana.

The Russian guy had a nice wardrobe actually but it just looked wacky on him, he couldn't pull it off.
It seems we're forgetting that what characters wear in movies are costumes. They are intended to complement and reinforce the characters' - well - characterizations. If a character doesn't appear to "pull off" the look, that is probably because the director wanted the audience to perceive that trait by its effect on that character's image.

·
Banned
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is interested - Crombie provided the clothes (or at least some of them) for the film

see the link below

https://www.crombie.co.uk/public/images/cm/podownloads/releases/rocknrolla.pdf

I really liked the way Stratham and his friend dressed for Snatch - covert coats with brouges and cut away shirts - no tie.

Andrey
The younger Russian guy, the younger looking one that was the right hand of the boss was dressed allright. The 2 Russian bad guys that were chasing after the British criminal were scary as hell. That's how I imagine ghetto like Russians to be. No Indian wants to go to Russia for business nowadays because of scary hostile Russians lol especially in St. Petersburg. I have talked about this to a Russian businesswomen who was on a trip in the Netherlands and she told me she was ashamed of the hostility against foreigners. Even westerners aren't wanted apparantly.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I may ...

actually disagree with the last comment.

Of course, there are al sorts of incedents (as can happen with any country, including India as the ladt events show)

but Russia generally welcomes foreigners and , if I may say so, ex-pats feel more at home in Moscow , at least, than in their own home countries.

Bu then again this is not really clothes related and may be moved .

I am done with the topic. Haven't seen RocknRolla either.

Andrey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.