Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked them up yesterday. I was told 4 - 8 weeks and they arrived in week 6. General comments...

First the good:

1 - The fabric is gorgeous, particularly the blue Madder herringbone. The fabric swatch or web pics do not do this justice.

2 - Fit is exactly as I had hoped for. Talbott offers four cuts:Trad, Slim, Trim, and Super Trim. I went with Trim and it fits me perfectly (17.5 x 36, 44L / 46L, 36 waist). Extremely happy with this aspect.

3 - MOP buttons. OK, I get it now.

4 - It turns out the price I paid was mismarked to my disadvantage. There was no way I would have known this, but my salesman at Mark Shale notified me when the shirts came in and immediately creditte my account. To be honest, I would have been happy with the price I originally paid, to be "given" $40 back just makes it sweeter.

Now the not so good:

I ordered the shirt with a medium spread collar but it appears to have been made with a scalloped spread collar . I saw appears b/c I'm not familiar with Talbott's collar styles since this is my first purchase. There is definitely a curve in the collar approaching the tip of the collar. While some of my other spread collared shirts have a very subtle curve, most are, for all intents and purposes, straight. Judging from the link from Talbott's site above, the medium spread should be fairly straight.

So, does anyone out there have experience with Talbott spread collar shirts? I imagine a slight curve is probably something you see from one maker to the next. My shirt just happens to resemble the scalloped collar more than the spread I asked for. I'll be calling my salesman this morning for his input, but thought I'd ask the experts here first.

Aside from my collar question, I am pleasantly surprised by the fabric, fit, and finish of these shirts. I was definitely in the "can a shirt really be worth that much $$$" camp before. Collars aside, the answer now is a definite "yes". I don't have any pics yet, and may not if they need to go back. I'll post them as soon as I work this out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.