Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here own any of the RM Williams "Comfort" boots with poron insoles? I'm thinking about getting a pair and was wondering how they compare to the leather insoles. Are they much more comfortable and how well do they hold up after extended use?

I bought a pair of brown RMW Gardeners last year and I really like them. However, they're the only shoes I wear on a regular basis with leather insoles and I wouldn't say they're the most comfortable shoes I've owned, especially if I'm on my feet all day.

Now I'd like to get a pair of black boots, and was thinking about the RMW Comfort Turnout because it has the wide toe box I need, a rubber sole and the comfort insole.

Unfortunately, the Toronto store does not carry the Comfort Turnout and I was only able to try on a Comfort Craftsman in a G width. It was too tight for me and hard to judge for a few minutes in the store, but the insole did feel a bit more comfortable.

Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

·
Registered
16 Posts
Excellent Choice

Greetings,

Mate I suggest you contact Nungar, at

https://www.nungar.com.au/catalog/

Nungar does RM Willaims MTO for 285 AUD. That's so cheap it hurts. It's more than a hundred dollars cheaper then what RM Williams charges.

The MTO is fantastic. There is like 30 different lasts, about 4 different heals and 8 different soles.

Not to mention, stacks and stacks of colours.

Talk to him, he is the master at RM Williams. My advice - only buy through him. When I was younger, and bad at picking shoes, they sold me a 10G craftsmen. Which is crazy talk, it's so wide, and not sleek. So, I'm selling them cheap as to a friend, and building up some 11F's with Turnout last (I think its the 530) in a range of colours. I'm going to get the black veal calf and a brown suede later this year, and I've got a whiskey coming in a week or so.

RM Williams MTO boots are deal of the century as far as myself and quite a few others are concerned. It's almost impossible to find chelsea's with a quality leather sole with a non-slip, thin rubber layer over it. Not to mention, the range you can get.

Enjoy fine sir.

Sincerely,

Raz.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I missed your response, but I appreciate the info. I am still trying to decide what to do, and after shoe shopping over the holidays I think you're right about RM's being the deal of the century. There sure is a lot of junk out there!

I've done a lot of research on RM's, but I'm not sure what you mean by "quality leather sole with a non-slip, thin rubber layer over it". I have their catalog in front of me and there are leather soles and rubber soles, but nothing that combines the two.

I'm pretty much decided on the Comfort Turnout, because I need something with a comfortable insole and a sole that can handle all kinds of Canadian weather. I also carry heavy equipment cases around in my photography business, so non-slip is a must. However, I'll have to admit that I'm still a bit hesitant to order boots I've never seen or tried on, when it would be so expensive to return or exchange them.

Cheers,

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.